17. Hurt Heart

Beats: Heart Attack ~ Demi Lovato

Zayn helps his daughter get buckled in the backseat and goes around to open the passeger's door for Demi to hop in. "Thanks, you're so charming." He barely reacts and gets behind the wheel of his matte black lamborghini. The engine coughs up and they drive away.

"So, you go to Cherry's?" She tries killing the shrill silence.

"Not exactly. Liam was just indulging in his fetishes and dragged me along."

"So he's into male strippers and drag queens?"

Zayn's hazels flicker to her for a moment before focusing on the road once more."Can we not talk about this?" He says with a tinge of grumpiness. He looks at the back mirror and sees Lola's large eyes fixed on him.

"Sorry. I see what you mean." Demi clears her throat. "Lola, honey, why didn't you tell us about meeting that cute boy?"

"Harry?" The little girl pronounces 'erry'.

"Saw him in park. He bad."

"Why?" Demi chuckles.

She shrugs blushing, and toys with her little fingers."Nothing." She giggles.

"Oh. He's the stranger you told me who picked you up when you fell?" Zayn recalls the day she wandered off in the park. Lola nods.

Demi sighs."He's really charming, don't you think?"

Zayn frowns."He's the kind of guy I'd love to punch in the face."

"What? Why?" Demi gasps.

"I just don't like him."

"But why? What's not to like?"

"He's weird."

"But...at least you can agree that he's good-looking."

"And how am I supposed to know that?"

They arrive at his mansionette and the gold-railed gates swing open, courtesy of an overdressed gate man. The fucker looked like a royal guard of the queen of England. They drove on an ecru tiled pathway that led to the enormous black front door studded with silver spade symbols.

On each side of the pathway were green lawns, complete with snow white benches and cupid fountains. He drives his car into the underground garage and Demi alights with Lola, immediately dashing into the mansion.He locks his car and follows them in, hearing their chatter from the kitchen.

He walks in the living room which could easily be larger than the conference room in Olivia's. The large silver chandelier hang from the white ceiling with purple detail which matched the thick carpet at the center of the room. Four gigantic white couches sat on either side of the room in pairs with a black couch at the far end facing the large flat screen that almost covered the entire wall, at the other end of the room.

There was a glass coffee table between the couches adorned with a glass bowl of large gold marbles and with a silver one on top. There was a mahogany bookshelf to right of the black couch and a staircase to the left. The floor had an uncarpeted margin revealing spotlessly white tiles which contrasted with the cream walls.

Zayn walks from the doorway and into the kitchen and finds Lola on the marble top island finishing up the banana smoothie Demi had prepared.

"Baby, why don't you rush upstairs and wait for me to run your bubble bath."The child complies to her request as she skips away.

"You know, you really shouldn't be doing this." Zayn clears his throat and leans on the island, crossing his arms.

"Sorry for helping you take care of your little angel." She rolls her eyes and leans on the counter across his, which bore the crockery.