Darkness

Chapter 11

I was surprised when I got to take a shower and go to bed on my own. No ropes, yelling, or threats.

To bad I knew it was an act.

I refused to get attached to killers, even though I might already be.

Although out of all of them I suppose Jace was the least kill happy. He seemed to be a normal person that was forced into all this.

I stared at the ceiling and snuggled deeper into the blankets.

I drifted to sleep, for the first time in a long time I had a good night rest.

Since it was early I decided to go to Jace's room to ask for more clothes. I had changed into another pair a few days ago, but decided I needed to cover more skin.

Mostly because of last night's game.

I knocked quietly in his door. I heard a soft replay and walked inside. "Jace?" I whispered.

"Lily? What's wrong?"

It feels so wrong to be called that...

Jace slid out of bed and my eyes widened when I saw his naked chest and hips, all he wore were boxers.

I swallowed hard and stared at his muscular golden skinned form.

"Did you want to see me almost naked, or did you need something?"

"Oh! I wanted some clothes!" Jace laughed and walked over to his closet.

"Your in luck, I have a tote full of them," my jaw dropped.

"You had clothes the whole time and you didn't tell me?!" He laughed.

"I like seeing you in my clothes,"

I grew suspicious. "Why do you have a box full of girl clothes in your closet?"

His face grew sad and angry at the same time. "Go on, I need too get dressed."

Not wanting to push my luck, I left.

I went back to my room and changed into leggings and a t-shirt.

When I was done I went and sat in the living room. I looked up when I heard steps, Damian walked down and moved to sit by me.

His arm wrapped around my shoulder and I was shocked when he placed a kiss on top of my head.

Hesitantly I laid my head on his shoulders, my eyes closing with a sigh. "Is everyone else awake?" I whispered.

"Yeah, but Elijah had to go do some things, he'll be back tomorrow."

I nodded and looked up at him. "When did you get so nice?" Damian paused and frowned.

"I'm not being nice human," I smiled.

"It must be my good looks," I joked. He rolled his eyes.

"Your not attractive, so I wouldn't -" my smile slowly fell and I looked away.

"Oh come on, don't tell me I hurt your feelings," I didn't answer, that would hurt any girls feelings.

"Your such a human, jeez."

I glared at him. "Was Elijah some weak human when you hurt his feelings?" Damian clenched his jaw.

I sighed. "You guys are either more human than you think, or the world isn't as black and white as you assume."

Damian stood and stared down at me for a moment. "Understand this human, we're not your fucking friends,"

Thank you for the reminder.

Logan came down and told Damian to come look at something, leaving me alone.

After awhile I grew bored and I turned on the large tv.

I paused at the news, seeing something I would never get out of my head.

"It is a disaster here in New York, and in twenty other states, a strange disease and acts of violence have been tearing this city apart for a week now."

I stared at the bloody streets, people screamed and I saw people actually start attacking the news lady, tearing into her skin like animals.

I was frozen, my breathing was coming in soft short pants and tears ran down my cheeks making my vision blur.

A loud string of profanities made me look up, Jace turned off the tv. I looked at the ground trying to breathe.

It's not like they hid their dark side, it was right there, smacking me in the face.

It still hurt. And felt like they betrayed me, even though they didn't.

They. Are. Killers. How did I forget that?

What is wrong with me?

I cried harder, people were dying, that's what Elijah went to do. To do what they said they would do all along.

Destroy the world.

"Lily, Lily calm down, it's okay," Jace tried to soothe me, pull me into his arms. I resisted with all my might.

"No! Stop touching me, let me go!" I screamed and kicked. Soon he had me trapped in his arms.

"What the fuck is going on down here?" Logan demanded walking in the room, Damian right behind him.

His presence made me fight Jace harder, tears still coming strong.

"She saw the fucking news," Jace said while keeping a firm grip on me, trying to calm me with gentle touches that only made it worse.

I shuddered my strength slowly leaving me until I was a hiccuping mess.

Damian walked over slowly making me jerk back feeling adrenaline rush into me along with a large dose of fear.

"Get away from me, let me go," I said to both Jace and Damian fighting again. A sob escaped my lips.

"Calm down little flamma, it's okay," Damian cooed stroking my hair from my face. I moved back horrified at his touch.

"Your g-going to kill m-me now a-aren't you," I whispered inhaling sharply while Damian wiped my tears.

My breathing was still uneven and wild, but I picked up further when Logan moved over.

The room was silent other than my sharp intakes of breath. "No. We're not going to kill you." Logan touched my hair making me flinch and turn away.

"We're not going to hurt you Lily," Jace promised in my ear.

I didn't believe them. Why should I?

I kept my face turned from them as I calmed.

"You don't need to be scared, everything is going to be okay," Damian whispered.

Lies, all lies.