Board games and movies

Chapter 35

"Echo, baby, Theo needs you," I grumbled and pushed Elijah away from me burying myself deeper under the covers.

"Echo..." My blankets were torn away, I gave Elijah my middle finger keeping my eyes closed tightly.

The noise of a wailing child made me jump up and run down the stairs leaving Elijah behind.

"Thank god," Damian breathed and gave me Theo.

"Hey buddy, mommy's here now," I kissed his nose and he touched my face calming down.

"That is the last time you're aloud to sleep in." Logan muttered wiping his face.

"Don't you love me?" I asked innocently. Logan blanched and then rolled his eyes.

"It's ten o'clock, Theo was crying at nine, be happy we let you sleep that long." I leaned up and kissed Logan.

"Thank you," he nodded and hid a smile.

"Have you fed them? Or do I need to do that?" Jace wrapped his arms around me touching Theo's hand.

"We fed them, now we just need to feed you." I laughed and made my way to the kitchen holding Theo tightly.

"I'm thinking I'll wait until lunch," I reasoned looking at the time.

"Alright, it is pretty late to eat breakfast."

I rubbed my eyes and decided to go get dressed. "I'll be back in a few minutes," I told everyone and ran upstairs with Theo.

"You might be a baby, but I still don't want you to see me naked," I muttered and put him in his crib before quickly going to my room to get dressed.

I slipped on some clothes and brushed my hair wincing at the tangles. My hair needed cut, it now went to my lower back.

"Alright, all done," I told Theo picking him up. I heard loud footsteps and Jace stood before me.

"Hey Echo, you know that kid, Jonathan?" I nodded frowning.

"Yeah, what of him?"

Jace hesitated. "He's downstairs crying, I don't know what to do." I walked down quickly and saw him sobbing in the couch.

Theo whimpered and I handed him to Logan.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I sat on the couch and wrapped an arm around Jonathan.

"The kids at school all make fun of me because I have no dad... My step mom hates me... I'm so alone!" He started crying again and I frowned.

"Hey it's okay, I didn't have any parents when I grew up either, my family hated me." He nodded and wiped his tears.

"I'm sorry I keep showing up and bothering you... It's just... your the first people who haven't hurt me and called me a freak."

"You are not a freak, I'm so sorry." I murmured trying to comfort him.

"You're a really nice person Echo, Thank You." Jonathan whispered and I was shocked when he hugged me.

It would have been odd, but he was only twelve, and clearly not having a good life. So I hugged him back.

"It'll be okay," I promised. He pulled back and wiped his eyes again.

"Jace do you still have those games? We could play some if you'd like," I offered to Jonathan who nodded.

"I would really like that,"

"So we've got Apples to Apples, Clue, or perhaps Trouble?"

"Can we play Clue?" Jonathan asked eyes going wide with excitement. We agreed and began to play, explaining the rules as needed.

"Mustard, Knife, library," Elijah stated firmly.

I looked at the cards and shook my head. "Nope, sorry," Elijah cursed loudly.

Jonathan rolled and went to the center. "It's actually Mustard, Knife, Guest room." I nodded showing them the cards.

Jonathan jumped up. "I won! I can't believe it!" I smiled as he seemed to let his guard down.

"It's five o'clock, how about you all eat something now?" Logan told us.

I nodded and stood. "Alright do you want me too-" Logan pushed me down gently. "I'll make some sandwiches."

I pushed Mia up into the air and she burst into a giggling mess. "Can we watch a movie?" I looked at Elijah, he nodded.

"Yeah, I bought some movies awhile back, when the twins screamed at night I had to do something." I walked over to my movie stack.

"Harry Potter, I've got the first one," I offered.

Jonathan quickly nodded. "I love Harry Potter!"

I laughed and put the disk in.

"Harry Potter?" Damian asked frowning.

"You're a wizard Harry." Jonathan and I said at the same time making us both laugh.

I settled back and snuggled up to Jace who held Theo. Mia giggled and reached out to touch Theo, who seemed to flinch back.

His face twisted and he began to whimper.

I turned to Jonathan. "Can you hold Mia?" He froze, his face going slightly pale. "Hold her?"

I nodded. "Can you?" Jonathan reached out slowly looking unsure.

They stared at each other, Mia's face lit with a large smile, Jonathan slowly smiled back.

I relaxed into Jace again wrapping myself around him and Theo.

"Here's some grilled cheese sandwiches," Logan offered me one, and then gave the rest to Jonathan.

The movie played. "Do they like each other?" I looked at Logan. "Does who like each other?"

"Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter, do they like each other? They seem too."

I felt my lips curl. "You and the rest of the world think alike, you'll just have to wait and see."

Prepare to be disappointed. My Drarry ship is burning and about to sink.

"What a great movie!" Elijah exclaimed when it was over.

"There are more movies after that, but it's pretty late, and these little buggies need to go to bed."

I turned to look at Mia, Jonathan and Mia were curled together sound asleep.

"Aww," Jace reached over and stroked Jonathan's hair.

"He's a sweet boy," Elijah admitted. I carefully pulled Mia from his grip and rocked her when she began to stir.

"Damian, do me a favor and put him to bed,"

I didn't wait for his replay, Jace and I went to put the twins in bed.