Its a mystery

Chapter 34

"Echo, are you okay?" Quinn cried rushing into the room, his eyes were wet with tears.

"I'm fine," I croaked. Cain helped me sit up, pulling down his sleeve quickly.

"Shit, shit, shit, their going to kill us," Levi fretted examining me.

"I'm fine, you're fine. We'll be okay," I whispered then cleared my throat wincing.

"He stabbed you! How...? Cain you didn't..." They all looked at Cain.

"I had too! She would have died!" Cain snapped and took a deep breath.

"I'm not going to turn into a vampire, am I?"

They snickered. "No, it takes a lot more than that to become a vampire!"

I shrugged and scrubbed a hand through my hair.

"What now?" Joey asked softly slowly wrapping an arm around me. I leaned on his shoulder letting out a low sigh.

"I'm tired," I grumbled closing my eyes. "That is to be expected," Cain commented. I heard soft crying and opened my eyes.

Quinn sobbed quietly in Levi's shoulder, my heart broke for him. "I don't know how he found me," Quinn said through his tears.

"We'll take care of it," Levi promised and kissed his cheeks.

"Let's get you home," I looked up at Cain frowning.

"Yeah, okay,"

He gently grabbed my hand and pulled me out the back door to where the car was. I slipped inside the others behind me.

Joey drove, Cain sat in the back with me, fingers lightly stroking mine. "I'm so sorry Echo," Quinn murmured.

"It's okay Quinn," I told him closing my eyes.

"Can you walk?" Cain whispered in my ear, I shivered and nodded.

I got up and started walking, Cain caught me as I stumbled. "I've got you,"

Cain opened the door and carried me inside, Jace's jaw dropped seeing my bloody clothes. He said nothing however as he took me gently from Cain.

Damian was another story. After he got over his shock he stalked over to Cain punching him square in the face.

"You bastard! What the fuck did you do to Echo?"

"Stop," I cried and tried to get free of Jace's iron hold to make Damian stop. "I didn't do anything to Echo,"

"Enough!" Logan shouted as Damian got more physical. "Damian, get over here," Logan ordered.

He hesitated. "Now," Logan snapped.

Damian glared at Cain hotly before walking over to Logan. "I'm sorry, go on, Echo will explain," Elijah told Cain who nodded and smiled tense.

Jace carried me slowly to the living room and sat on the couch holding me. "Quinn's ex showed up, and well," I motioned at my bloody clothes.

"More details please," Elijah murmured calmly.

"We had just placed our order in and this guy came over and started talking about how Quinn didn't deserve love, he had to lose someone too, so he stabbed me."

I paused. "What I don't understand is why me? Why not someone Quinn was actually dating, and how did he happen to have a knife on him in the first place?"

"That is strange, but no one knew you'd be at the restaurant," Jace commented.

"Who suggested the place?" I shrugged at Elijah.