Unnatural

Chapter 26

Echo's pov

I rolled over waking up from my nap yawning. I sat up slowly and looked down feeling strange.

A scream tore past my lips as I saw what seemed to be my stomach. Please let me be dreaming....

Jace burst in and looked at me with wild eyes.

"I'm a balloon!" I shouted pointing at my stomach.

Jace relaxed and scoffed. "I told you that the child grew quickly," I glared at him.

"I didn't think you meant that quickly! How long did it take Hope?" I asked rubbing my face tensing in pain.

"Two day," my jaw dropped.

"No, no way, this is... Where's my phone?" I suddenly asked looking around. Jace handed me my phone and I quickly called Quinn.

"Echo! How are you?" I paused.

"I don't suppose Dr Cain is a Doctor?"

"Would you like to come over so Cain can check you over?" I sighed and thought carefully.

"I don't want to bother you guys to much... Is he busy?"

"No Echo, come over right away." Quinn hung up after he spoke and I looked up at Jace.

I just now noticed how tired he looked, exhausted and worn. "Jace, what's wrong?" I stood and cupped his cheek.

"Nothing... I'll go tell Logan we're going to Quinn's."

I gently grabbed Jace's hand. We walked out into the living room, my eyes caught Jonathan's, his widened in horror before they smoothed out.

"I'm going to go home now, thanks for the food!" Just like that he was gone. What a strange kid.

"We're going to Quinn's," as Jace spoke I kept my eyes on the ground embarrassed at all that was happening. I felt suddenly self conscious and nervous.

"Alright, when will you be back?" Elijah asked sounding concerned.

"It depends, if Echo has the baby while we're there, tomorrow, if not tonight." My cheeks lit with humiliation.

But I will care for the baby... He or She has done nothing wrong... I'll love the baby.

"I'm coming," I felt anger rise at Damian's demand.

"Hell no," I snapped and looked up to glare at him. He growled. "And why not?"

"Go on," Logan told me and Jace.

I left quickly with Jace ignoring Damian's shouts.

As we drove I grew more and more scared of what was to come. "Jace... what should I be expecting here?" Jace looked at me for a moment.

"Pain..." My eyebrows shot up.

"Anything else? What happened with Hope?"

Jace clenched his jaw. "She died Echo, that's all she did. All she did was die." I felt myself put a subconscious wall around myself at his harsh tone.

Jace parked and we walked inside. Quinn greeted us with a warm smile.

"Echo, Jace, come on in, Cain is waiting for you." Quinn led us to a door that led to a large room kind of like a doctor's office.

"Why do you have a hospital in your house?" I asked Dr Cain laughing.

"Echo once you get as old as me, things can become dull, this is exciting. Come on, let's check on the baby."

He explained that he was going to give me an ultra sound. "Any pain Echo?" I shook my head.

"None." Jace let out a choked sound.

"Well Echo, your babies are healthy," I gasped and looked up at Cain. "Twins?"

He nodded. "A boy and girl, they seem to be doing very well."

Jace looked like he was going to throw up. "Echo..." He looked at me like this was the end.

"Jace what's wrong?" I asked frowning.

"Is there anyway we can... get rid of the babies to save Echo?" My jaw dropped.

"Jace what the fuck is wrong with you?! Do not pull an Edward Cullen on me!"

Cain glared at Jace. "No Jace, there is no way, killing any child, even the unborn is inhuman and evil."

I sagged in relief and touched my stomach feeling one of them kick making me gasp.

"Don't tell me you already care about them," I looked up at Jace and bit my lip trying to not lash out at him knowing he was just stressed.

"Whether or not I wanted these babies, they are mine now, this is my body. If I die because I was raped and now I'm pregnant with magical children I don't care. At least I tried."

"Jace, could I have a word with Echo please? Alone?" Jace nodded at Cain and left looking defeated.

"You should be screaming in pain right now... the stress on your body, it should be crushing you. But you don't even look fazed. You are going to have these babies, and you'll be fine."

I nodded and fell back sighing. "Do you think... the others...?" I touched my stomach again feeling nervous again.

"They love you Echo, and they'll love them as well. If not... well, you know you always have a place here with us."

I smiled and leaned back closing my eyes. "Then all is well,"

Cain touched my face gently. "Your doing great Echo, soon you will have brought life into the world, there is no greater treasure."

I hummed in response and slipped into a deep sleep, a soft song lulling me, bringer me deeper into a warm peace.