Twins

Chapter 27

Echo's pov

I felt... strange... like I was flying.

I could hear my heart pounding, people shouting above me.

Also, I could feel the movement within me telling my body it was time, time for these beautiful babies to come into the world.

"Echo, push," I gasped my eyes flying open at the command, I looked up to meet Cain's eyes, my body flushed with sweat.

"I," I tried to speak but instead closed my eyes feeling strangely weightless.

"Echo, focus," I forced my eyes open and slowly let nature take its course, I could do this.

A sharp cry made me look down. "It's a boy Echo, come on Dove, the gorgeous little girl wants to come out too."

As soon as another baby's cry filled the air telling me it was over I slumped exhausted, but alive.

"Echo, look," I opened my eyes and smiled at the small baby girl being held out to me.

"Ooh," I breathed cradling her against my chest. "She looks just like you, look at those pretty brown eyes," I looked up at Quinn and laughed before pressing a kiss to her head.

I looked up at Cain and felt tears prick my eyes. "Where is he?" Joey stepped forward as Cain took her from my arms.

I looked down at the baby boy and stroked the small tuft of black hair on his head.

His intelligent blue eyes stared up into my own. I knew he was making a connection with me.

His eyes told me he knew I was his mother, that he knew I loved him more than anything else already.

"Echo," a voice breathed. I looked up at Jace.

"Aren't they perfect?" I said softly looking back down at the baby again.

"What are their names?" I smiled.

"This is Theodore, because he's a gift, and her name is Mia,"

Jace nodded. "What does that human name mean?" I smiled.

"Wished for child, and that was my mother's name, it fits, don't you think?"

All the guys in the room smiled at me with so much affection it hurt to gaze upon them.

"Echo, you need rest, and I need to make sure your children are in perfect health," I nodded and gave Theodore to Cain.

Theodore instantly let out a sharp cry, Cain walked quickly from the room, Joey followed with Mia.

I looked up at Jace weakly. "Do you think... do you think Damian will like the names I chose? I don't want..."

Jace kissed my hand and stared at me with fear filled eyes. "He'll love them Echo, get some rest,"

I nodded and closed my eyes letting sleep take over me.

***

"Echo, wake up," I opened my eyes and came face to face with Levi, little Theo in his arms.

"We fed them formula, we weren't sure if you wanted to breast feed them..." I nodded and reached out for my child.

"Aww, look at him... He's sleeping," I whispered gently kissing his nose.

"Your perfect Echo, these children will be loved like no other child before them, I can feel it."

I laughed and held Theo closer. "The others will be coming in the next half hour... honestly we tried to hold them off but... they wouldn't wait any longer."

I hummed and looked around. "How long was I asleep?"

Levi paused. "Five hours, that's why we had to feed them without your consent. Your body must have been so tired from the stress."

I cuddled with Theo as I waited, Levi read a book deciding to stay with me, and I was grateful having someone to simply be there.

The door opened and Elijah and Logan walked in.

Elijah rushed to my side and stared in awe at the child. "His name?" Elijah whispered watching me with love.

"Theodore, or Theo." Logan nodded and watched warily seeming scared to come closer.

"Logan come here," I held up Theo for him to hold. He jerked back.

"Echo, I'm war, I only destroy I can't," Levi dragged Logan closer and I placed the baby in his arms.

"Logan, I am beyond honored to have my child in your arms." He bit his lip and caressed Theo's fingers.

"Where's Mia?" I asked suddenly concerned. "Right here," I sighed in relief as Joey walked in with Mia.

"Gimme," I ordered and Joey shook his head laughing as he placed my baby girl in my arms.

A loud gasp made me look up startled. "Damian," I whispered.

He looked frozen. Mia's sudden cry made him jerk and I quickly soothed her rocking back and forth.

"Echo," Damian croaked and he moved forward.

I held back the part of me that wanted to tell him to leave, to get back at all he did to me...

But these children were a gift. And they were a gift to him as well. They were not made from love, but in a sense something much more, something more beautiful.

So I gave Mia to him, looked him in the eye and smiled. "Aren't they just magical?"

"They're more than I could have ever dreamed."

Elijah stole Theo from Logan who protested loudly.

"You did it Echo," I smiled at Cain and stood wrapping my arms around him tightly.

"Thank You, thank you for everything."

He hugged me back and whispered sweet things in my ears as the whole room, the people I loved cradled and kissed my children with tenderness.

I think this was my fav chapter... It was so fun and so happy I couldn't wait until tomorrow to write it.

(I was tempted to name the child Xavier because of a message I got today... Lol. but not seriously considering it.)