I am inevitable

The entire group was gathered inside of the Avenger headquarters. Not only that, but still images of several individuals started to fly around the holograms. Those they had lost in the Decimation. Starting with Erik Selvig, then going to Maria Hill, T'Challa, Scott Lang, Stephen Strange, Connie, and many more, even some faces of gems appeared there, like Pearl, Bismuth or Lapis.

''It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." James Rhode spoke up.

''World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census..." Natasha added.

Garnet and Amethyst let out a sigh once Steven's image came up, having no idea what they're going to say to Greg the next time they'll see him.

"And it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out fifty percent, of all living creatures." Black Widow continued explaining to Danvers what happened, as Tony stared to the lone image of Peter Parker staring at him, "He wiped out... fifty percent... of all living creatures."

''Where is he now? Where?" Tony asked, as he sat at a table, getting blood for healing, letting out a shaky breath.

''We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through.'' Steve answered.

"We all tried to hold him back as long as we could, but he just walked through all of us like nothing." Sh'ira added, shaking her head.

"What's wrong with him?' Tony asked, pointing at sullen-looking Thor, sitting on a bench, seemingly deep in thought.

''Oh, he's pissed." Rocket stated, "He thinks he failed. Which of course he did, but you know there's a lot of that's going around, ain't there?"

Tony blinked, as if he had only just now noticed Rocket, "Honestly, until this exact second, I thought you were a Build-A-Bear.''

''Maybe I am." Rocket said back.

''We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now. Deep Space scans, and satellites, we even used Homeworld's best technology and we got nothing." Garnet said, going back to the original topic.

"He just disappeared without a trace." Amethyst added.

 ''Tony, you fought him.'' Captain America said to Tony.

Tony looked puzzled, "Who told you that? I didn't fight him. No, he wiped my face with a planet while the Bleecker Street Magician gave away the store. That's what happened. There was no fight." He pointed at Jasper and Peridot, "If you need confirmation, you can ask these two."

Jasper and Peridot just stared at the floor in response, not saying anything, but it was enough for everyone to understand.

''Okay." Steve simply said, having no idea what to say about it.

''He's unbeatable." Tony stated.

''Did he give you any clues, any coordinates, anything?" Steve wanted to know.

Tony snorted. ''Pfft! I saw this coming a few years back. I had a vision. I didn't wanna believe it. Thought I was dreaming."

''Tony, I'm gonna need you to focus.'' Steve told him.

''And I needed you. As in past tense. That trumps what you need. It's too late buddy. Sorry. You know what I need?'' Stark said, standing up from the seat. He pushed things off the table with a clatter got better footing. Everyone winced at the noise, "I need to shave. And I believe I remember telling all youse...''

Tony lunged for Steve. Rhodes quickly came in front of him, trying to stop him, as he shouted, "Hey, hey, hey!"

"Tony, calm down. You're not in the condition to start fights!" Peridot told Tony to calm down.