Last Suit Up

The news of Natasha's Romanoff sacrifice was taken rather badly by everyone, especially by the people she stopped Loki's invasion all those years ago with. Steve, Thor, Tony, Bruce and Clint all left the Avengers headquarters and found themselves outside, on the dock by the lakeside not too far from the headquarters, where they grieved the loss of their teammate.

The group of five Avengers was faced with a silence, neither of them even knew what to say to each other, some of them were still trying to accept that Natasha Romanoff was gone. Thankfully it was broken by Tony, after a few moments, "Do we know if she had family?"

"Yeah." Steve replied, "Us."

Thor glanced in his direction, confused, not having a chance to hear Tony's question, "What?"

"I just asked him a question..." Tony explanation was cut off by the God of Thunder.

"Yeah, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones, Cap, we can bring her back, isn't that right?" He glanced around himself to take a good look at each one of them, "So stop this shit. We're the Avengers, get it together."

Clint looked up at him, speaking up for the first time since they returned to their times, "We can't get her back."

Thor turned to him, "Wha...what?"

"It can't be undone. It can't." Clint declared, shaking his head.

Thor gave him a rather dry laugh in response, "I'm sorry. No offense, but you're a very earthly being. Okay? We're talking about space magic. And "can't" seems very definitive don't you think?"

"Yeah, look, I know that I'm way outside my paygrade here. But she still isn't here, is she?" Clint asked him.

"No, that's my point..." Thor was cut off by Clint.

Hawkeye shook his head, " It can't be undone. Or that's at least what the red floating guy had to say." He raised his voice, starting to shout, "Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? GO GRAB YOUR HAMMER, AND YOU GO FLY AND TALK TO HIM!"

Thor just stood there, so did everyone else, listening to Clint's burst of anger, as his anger was quickly replaced by grief. His voice toned down,  "It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it."

In a burst of anger, Bruce grabbed a bench and hurled it clear across the lake. His anger vanished, he turned to the others with a resigned look on his face, "She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to."

Steve rised up from the ground, a determined look was on his face, "We will."

----

Azurite walked through the hallways of the Avengers headquarters looking for a certain Kratai huntresses. Tony, Bruce, Peridot and Rocket were currently working on constructing the new gauntlet that they were going to use bring everyone back. They were actually close to finishing it and send him, Amethyst and Garnet to get the others and bring them into the lab.

It's been actually a few minutes since he left the lab to find Shi'ra and so far, he couldn't find her anywhere, but then he heard someone firing a handgun in the shooting range. He made his way into the shooting range and saw Shi'ra firing the handgun at the wooden target in front of her. She most likely didn't heard him come inside as her ears were covered by a pair of safety headphones. During these five years when the Avengers needed their help with something and they had to stay in the headquarters with them, Natasha was often taking them to the shooting range.

The male gem approached her and gave her a pat on her shoulder, showing her that someone was in this room with her, "Hey."

The Kratai looked over at him, and removed her safety headphones, "Oh, hey."