22. Serendipity.

Erza's POV:

     I almost turned around to walk the other way and grab Juvia when Gray said something to her. "Hi, Juvia!" Juvia stuttered, "He-hello! Gray..." I kept my posture to be there for Juvia. I eyed Jellal but he was looking somewhere else, so I focused back on Gray and Juvia.

     "Did I ever thank you for the brownies? I don't think so... Well, they were tasty!" He said to her. Juvia blushed even more and said, "R-really? Th-thank you... Juvia is glad Gray - sa- Gray... liked th-them." "Cool. Hey Jellal!" Gray grabbed Jellal's collar and pulled him into the conversation, "Atleast greet them. Don't be so rude."

     'How can he not when that's all he knows? Poor Gray, he's atleast being polite.' I did my best to not speak my thoughts out loud. Jellal took one glance at us and looked away, saying, "Hello. I'm Jellal Fernandes. It's nice to meet you." "See, it wasn't that hard." Gray said to him. Jellal slowly went a few feet away.

     "You're doing a great job, Gray. But I hardly think you'll succeed..." I said to Gray, in a low voice so that only Gray could hear and maybe even Juvia. He chuckled and said, "I'll keep trying. He's my friend. Anyways, see you in school. Let's go Jellal." He waved us goodbye and walked off with Jellal.

Jellal's POV:

     Gray had called me to take a walk and I agreed. I was bored anyways, having completed all my homework. I had not known what twisted turn a simple walk in the town would take. Had I known, I probably would have declined. But since I didn't, Gray and I were now walking on the streets aimlessly.

     So, I decided to ask him, "Gray, about your 'sources'... " Gray grimaced and said, "No. Just no. Don't even start." But I still continued, "Gray. I know you are a sensible person, but even sensible people make mistakes... and I don't want you getting into any tro-" "Oh, look! Erza Scarlet." He said, cutting me off. I angrily said, "Don't try to change the subject Gray..."

     He grabbed my head and turned it in front. There was Erza, in a cute blue and white outfit, with her blue haired friend. "Let's go talk to them." Gray said. I quickly said, "No." "Yes." Gray said and smirked at me. He went forward and greeted the blue haired girl.

     I didn't know what to do. Erza was right in front of me. I couldn't help but feel nervous. I looked at her, into her beautiful eyes. Her eyes slightly shifted and I turned my head, looking at the pavement, afraid that she would catch me. The cobblestone streets looked so nice, with small grass poking from between the stones.

     Suddenly, Gray grabbed me and asked me to greet them. I looked at them and found that I was unable to look Erza in the eyes. Instead, I looked away and managed to say without stuttering, "Hello. I'm Jellal Fernandes. It's nice to meet you."

     "See, it's not that hard." Gray said to me. I wanted to punch him in the face for saying that when he was the one who put me in this situation. But I remained calm and continued staring at the street, peeking at Erza occassionally. Gray then said something, but I only caught my name. I looked up to see that we were leaving. I joined Gray and we walked away in silence.

     After a while, we reached a narrow alley. I stopped. Seeing me stop, Gray stopped too. I punched him lightly in the stomach. "That was for earlier. You're are such a..." I trailed off. Gray chuckled. "You... did you even hear what she said to me?" He asked me. "No. Why?" I said, confused.

     Gray chuckled again and said, "Then it's better you don't." He chuckled again. "Tell me, Gray." I said to him. "Nope. I don't think she intended you to hear. So... Meet you on Monday! Bye!" He ran away towards his house. "Gray, wait! Tell me!" I ran after him but he was too fast. I gave up and went my own way.

     'Erza said something to Gray that she didn't want me to know... What did she say? What could she have said to Gray?' My brain started thinking about all possibilities. 'Maybe Erza and Gray are secretly friends... and that's how he got his information?! Nah... That's not it. Gray would have told me... Right? Or maybe she was talking about her blue haired friend... That girl seemed to like Gray... Or... Maybe Gray just made this whole thing up to trouble me and she never said anything to him.'

     I sighed. Gray was not the chatty type like Natsu. Sometimes it was hard to decipher what he was thinking. 'He is a pretty chill guy. A good friend. Someone you can rely on easily. But it's becoming hard... He still hasn't told me about his sources. But I know I can trust him. And the other guys too. I'm lucky to have them...'

     I had reached my house. I opened the door and stepped in. Closing the door, I removed my boots and kept them on the rack. I sighed and let myself onto the soft couch. 'I'm sure whatever Gray did... He thought about it. He can be an idiot sometimes... But a thoughtful person when he needs to be.'

     My stomach growled. I stood up and went to the kitchen to make something to eat. I realised that my hands were dirty. I hadn't washed them when I came back. I was even in those sweaty clothes. I went to the bathroom and washed up. Wearing a comfortable set of clothes, I went down to the kitchen, passing by that door.

     I spared it a glance and sighed. My stomach growled again. Walking into the kitchen, I made myself something to eat and ate it in silence. My eyes wavered back to the door of my parents room. Frustrated, I picked up my plate and went into my bedroom. I turned on the T.V. and watched some old movie that was playing. 'When are you going to get over it, Jellal?'

______________________________________

Next Update: 23rd March, 2020.