49. The Accident.

Two weeks later

Erza's POV:

     I whipped the cream in my bowl till I thought my hand would fall off. I checked the firmness of the cream and showed it to Kinana before adding sugar and other ingredients to it.

     While I was mixing the cream, the oven pinged, indicating that the cake was  ready and I rushed to take it out. I continued on the cream while the cake cooled down.

     When I was done with everything other than the cake itself, I cleaned the counter and washed my hands. I leaned onto the counter and touched the cake lightly. It was still warm.

     I turned away from the cake and looked at my left over to Laki's counter. It was empty today. Laki had stopped coming to the club since winter term. Ofcourse, she had to study. Everyone in third year did.

     I let the cake cool down a bit more and when it was just perfect, I cut it horizontally and started applying the cream. I put the next layer on top and covered the cake in cream. Then I added shredded chocolate and covered the cake with them.

     Once I was done with all the decoration, I called Kinana again, "President! I'm done with the cake, can you come taste it please?" Kinana, who was standing across the room nodded and came over to me.

     She took a spoon and dig into the cake, tasting it. She smiled and said, "Erza, the cake is delicious! I really like the hint of cardamom you added into the cream. It brought the cake a notch higher."

     I beamed at her and thanked her as she left to tend to other members of the club. I packed my things and put the cake in a plastic box, big enough to hold the cake without any damage to it.

     "President, then I'll get going. Thank you for today!" I said as I was about to leave. Usually, I'd leave with everyone else, but University exams were getting closer and I too needed to study for them.

     "Okay Erza! Bye." Kinana replied and I left the club room. I walked out of the school premises and took out my phone to see if anyone had left any messages. I had kept my phone on silent during club hour.

     '8 missed calls from Gray?! 6 missed calls from Lucy?? And 7 messages... What the heck happened?' I unlocked my phone and checked the messages first. The messages were in the group chat,

Gray:
Guys, Jellal got into an accident

He's at Fiore Hospital

Lucy:
Oh my god, what happened??

Juvia:
Juvia will be there as soon as possible

Natsu:
Gajeel and I are coming right up... Tell him he can't die on us.

Levy:
Oh god, I'll try to come as soon as I can. I'll bring Wendy.

Laxus:
Take care of him Gray. I'll be there later.

     My heart sank when I read the first message. As I read through the rest, my heart sped up and I couldn't stop worrying. I hurriedly called Gray as I rushed onto the main street, searching for a cab.

     Every ring that passed by made my heart pound louder and faster. I waved my hand frantically as I stood on tiptoe on the sidewalk, trying to get a cab.

     A cab stopped infront of me and I entered it quickly, telling the driver to take me to Fiore Hospital. Gray didn't pick up his phone. I was about to call his number again when he called me.
"Gray, what happened??"
"Erza, calm down."
"Gray! Just tell me what happened!"
"Jellal and I were walking home. A car hit him."
"Oh my goodness, how is Jellal?"
"He has a fractured tibia and he got some stitches in his leg where the car headlights broke during the impact."
"I'm coming over... Is anyone else there?"
"Juvia and Lucy came... They left just a while ago. Gajeel and Natsu too, came and left with Juvia and Lucy."
"Okay..."
"Wendy and Levy are here. Laxus is coming."
"Hm.. okay. I'm nearly there. What's the room number?"
"114"
"Kay, I'll be there."
I ended the call before Gray could say anything. The cab screeched to a halt infront of the hospital and I paid the driver before rushing out.