39. Always There.

Warning: Violence, Strong wording.

Next Week

Erza's POV:

     We got back our Maths test papers today. I didn't get much nice marks, so I decided to ask Jellal to tutor me again. It was the last period, so I decided to wait for Jellal and catch him before he left.

     The bell rang and I turned around. But Jellal had already gotten up and was talking to Gray. I quickly packed my books into my bag and got up. We didn't have Cooking Club today, so I had time to talk to Jellal.

    Jellal had disappeared. I asked Gray, "Hey, Gray... Where did Jellal go?" Gray shrugged and replied, "He said he had something to do... He asked us to go on ahead. It would take some time he said... Rep duties probably."

     "Oh... Okay." I said. Gray looked at me with an amused expression and asked, "Why? Did you want to talk to him?" I nodded, "Yes... " I said in a low voice.

     We left the classroom together with Levy and met Lucy and Juvia on the grounds. I glanced at the school building and said, "You guys go on ahead. I'll wait for Jellal. I want to ask him to tutor me..."

     Gray said, "It might take time, you know..." I replied, "Yeah, I'll leave if it takes too long." He nodded and left along with the others. I stood at the entrance, waiting for Jellal to appear in the crowd leaving the school.

     Soon, only a couple of students were left who left the premises too. I decided to look if Jellal was really in the building. 'Maybe he left and I didn't see him..!'

     I had almost reached the building when I heard some noises from the backyard. 'Should I go there? Maybe Jellal is there?' I made my way to the backyard of the school.

     I turned around the building and what I saw made me gasp. Jellal was against the wall of the building, a boy who looked like a delinquent was holding his up by the collar of his uniform, jeering at him.

     There were three more boys, delinquent wannabes, who held Jellal's arms and laughed at him. Jellal looked thoroughly beaten. The guy holding Jellal's collar punched his arm and Jellal let out a groan.

     They probably didn't notice me standing there. I dropped my bag on the ground and removed my jacket. 'How dare this dipshit touch him?!' I wringed the jacket in my hands.

     I heard the guy say something like, "You won't dare go after my girl again, now huh?" He smiled evilly and pulled out his phone to take a photo. Jellal spat into the guy's face and said, "It's not my fault that your girlfriend started liking me... You're the reason she left you..."

     "What did you say?!" The guy angrily grabbed Jellal's jaw, gripping it tightly. "Now I'm gonna take your photo and show it to my girl, so stay still." He spoke, every word dripping with venom.

     I ran towards the guy and jumped on him from behind, pulling the jacket across his neck. I spat in his ear, "In your dreams, you bastard!" I pulled the ends of the jacket closer around his neck and he sputtered.

     His hands left Jellal and started clawing at the jacket around his neck. I held it firmly into place and looked at the other guys and said, "Away from him, now!" They didn't move.

     I slowly tightened the jacket, and their eyes widened. They slowly moved away from Jellal. "Good. Over there, I gestured them away from Jellal with my elbow.

     I moved closer to Jellal, with the bastard in tow. When the three guys were at a safe distance from me, I quickly let a hand go from the jacket and punched the guy in the face and in the guts. He let out a pitiful noise and fell to the ground, clutching his stomach.