27. Convince & Confess.

Two Months Later

Jellal's POV:

     Gray had been gearing me up to confess for a month now. Gray and Natsu were going to come to my house later to talk about something that I really hoped was nowhere close to Erza.

     I picked up my mug of hot chocolate and pulled the dark coloured blanket closer to me. It was halfway through December and the temperature was really low. As I sipped on the chocolate, warmth spread through my insides and I felt better instantly.

     I watched through the window as it snowed. 'It dosen't look much... Gray and Natsu shouldn't have a problem. But it would be better if they didn't come at all. It would be really nice to stay alone and warm in this weather.'

     After a long time of staring and occasionally sipping hot chocolate, the doorbell rang and I got up to open the door. I placed the mug on a table as my blanket slid off of my body and onto the floor.

     I felt a sudden wave of cold and I shuddered. I looked through the peephole to see Gray and Natsu standing at my door, shivering. I opened the door and they entered hurriedly. I quickly closed it to stop the cold air from entering the house.

     They removed their coats and plopped onto the sofa. I went there and picked up the blanket that had fallen to the floor. I took a seat with them and for a while, they were just silent.

     I made some hot chocolate for them, which they thankfully accepted. Then I asked, "So, why did you come here in the snow?" Gray shrugged and replied, "The snow isn't much. There are a lot of people going about in this weather. Nothing to worry about."

     Natsu nodded, showing his agreement. He pulled out a book from his bag and slammed it onto the table. He then he joined his hands and said, "Jellal! Please help me!"

     I glanced at his book. In bad handwriting, 'Maths' was written at the top. He continued, "It's less than 5 days to Christmas... The teachers have already given homework for the holidays! I want to enjoy this year..."

     "You say that every year Natsu... But I'll help if you're really gonna do it." I said. Natsu nodded his head vigorously saying, "Yes! Yes, I will! Thank you!"

     I looked at Gray and asked, "And why are you here?" He just shrugged saying, "I just tagged along. I could use some help too." "Okay..." I said, sighing.

     Helping them do homework for the next few days was something I regretted. I wish I had never let them inside my house. Gray and Natsu had somehow managed to bring Erza in the middle of Trigonometry and Calculus. They kept mentioning her, teasing me and provoking me.

     I shrugged it off, asking them to focus on their studies. But it kept Erza on my mind, which didn't help during the sums. Nonetheless, we managed to complete it by the last day of school, the day before Christmas.

Friday (24th December)

Erza's POV:

     It was freezing cold when I stepped out of the house to go to school. Thankfully, it was the last day before a week of vacation for Christmas and New Year.

     I was grateful for the heat when I entered our classroom with a shivering Juvia. It was a half day and my bag was lighter than usual. I kept it on my desk, taking my usual seat.

     Lucy came a bit later and joined our conversation. It was fun as no one was taking this day seriously. But during the gap between classes, an unexpected thing happened. Gray stood in the doorway of our classroom and called me.

     "Wait after the school ends. Alone. Near the big tree at the grounds. It's important." Gray said to me when I went to him. But before I could reply, he walked off. I walked back to my seat, confused.

     Lucy looked at me questioningly and asked, "Why did he call you?" I shrugged and answered, "He asked me to wait after school. Something important..." Juvia suddenly burst out, "What?! G-gray-sama asked E-Erza to wait after s-school?"

     "Relax, it's nothing like that. I don't like him anyways. Don't worry, Juvia." I said to her, hoping to offer some consolation. The teacher entered the class and lecture started.

     I glanced at Juvia to make sure that she was okay. She was shaking a bit, but I didn't know wether it was because of the cold or something else.

     'Why would Gray call me? Poor Juvia... To be honest, I have no idea why he called me. What if it is what she fears it to be? I hope not...' I tried to focus on the class, but failed.

     I thought of all possible reasons why he would call me. Some were too ridiculous, but I hoped that they were true above the possibility of him confessing to me.

After School

Erza's POV:

     I was waiting by the tree, looking out for any sign of the dark haired boy. Juvia and Lucy had hid behind the tree, to see what was going to happen. I spotted the Fairies, some of them, lurking about the entrance of the building.

     Gray wasn't there with them. So wasn't Jellal. Suddenly, a hand waved infront of me. It was Gray. He said, "Thank you for coming. You know Jellal, right? He has so something to say to you..." He turned and revealed an embarrassed Jellal.

     'What is he doing here? Well, atleast Gray isn't confessing... Good news for Juvia!' I asked him, "Why did you call me?" Jellal looked at the ground and replied, "That... actually... The thing is... I like you. I really, really like you!"

______________________________________

Next Update: 11th May, 2020.