21. Summer Vacation.

One and a half month later

Erza's POV:

     "Your vacation will start on 22nd July. But because it's a vacation it doesn't mean that you all can slack off. You'll be having homework and assignments to complete, to be submitted on the first day after vacation." Mr. Gildarts announced as everyone groaned.

     I looked at the date on the board and counted days left till vacation. '22nd is Wednesday... Today is 10th, Friday... 12 days to go!' I sighed. Twelve days is a long time. I needed to join a club before the vacation though, if I wanted to join one this year.

     "Hey, Erza, let's go to the movies tomorrow." Lucy said to me. Juvia nodded from her seat. Lucy continued, "Just the three of us though, Levy said she can't come and Wendy said that she will be tending to Charles. The poor cat had a bad fall yesterday."

     "Oh, that's bad. Let's visit Wendy before going home today... And I would love to go watch a movie." I replied. "Yeah, Juvia is worried about Charles too." Juvia said. Lucy nodded. "But which movie should we watch?" Lucy asked.

     Juvia gave it a thought and said, "How about 'The Phoenix Priestess'? Juvia has heard that it's pretty good." "Oh, that's a good idea! I'll let you know the timings when I buy the tickets." Lucy said.

Lunch

Jellal's POV:

     "Hey! Jellal!" Natsu yelled from behind me. Gajeel and Gray were with him, covering their ears. "Hi." I replied and started walking towards our table. As we were sitting, Natsu said, "So...! The vacation is starting soon! I didn't even realise how fast June went by, man..."

     "Yeah. But I'm glad that's over. I was feeling so gloomy..." Gray sighed, getting comfortable in his seat. Natsu looked at us with sparkling, expectant eyes and said, "So. We should have a blast this summer! Free from studying for a while!"

     "Yeah!" Gajeel agreed, smirking. "No problem. It will be nice to relax for a while." Gray said. Before I could voice my opinion, another voice chimed in. "Don't forget to do your homework. I'm sure we've all got a lot to do." Laxus said, taking a seat.

     "Aw man. Don't ruin the mood! Have some fun! We can always do the homework later." Natsu replied to Laxus. "My house. 22nd... 9 in the morning?" Natsu asked us.

     After getting four grunts of agreement, he asked, "What should we do? Watch something on T.V.? Or go out? We could go to the mountains -" "For that we'll have to take the train first." Gray added. "Then not that. Beach? Or maybe go to watch a movie?" Natsu continued.

     No one answered. "Say something!" Natsu whined. "What were the options again?" I asked him. He glared at me and said, "Stay home and watch something on T.V., go out for a walk, go to the beach, go out to watch a movie."

     "Stay home and watch something." Laxus and I said in union. "I'm fine with anything that has nothing to do with school." Gray said and Gajeel agreed. "Great! Then let's meet on the 22nd. I'll chose something good for us to watch!" Natsu concluded, grinning.

Next Morning

Erza's POV:

     I got up to my phone ringing. I sleepily picked it up from the bedside table and answered without checking the user ID.
     "Hey, Erza! Good morning." Lucy's voice greeted me from the other end of the line.
"Hello..."
"I bought the tickets for the movie, the show is at 3 pm."
"Oh. Okay. Thanks."
"Make sure to reach the cinema in time. Juvia can take you there."
"Okay. I'll ask her. Thanks."
"Okay. Bye!"
"Bye."
     The call ended and I squinted my eyes to look at the time. '11... 11:17...? 11:17?!' I got up quickly and pulled a muscle in my neck. "Ouch." I rubbed my neck while looking at the time in the wall clock. '11:18... How did I sleep till this late? Anyways... I should be getting up now. This neck...'

     It stopped hurting after a while and I got up to brush. After having a nice bath, I went to the kitchen. I stood there for a second, not sure what to do. The clock told me it was 11:54. I decided to skip breakfast and have lunch in about half an hour. I went to my room and started reading a book.

     Yesterday after school, we had went to visit Wendy. She had welcomed us warmly into her house. Charles' left foreleg was bandaged and the cat was resting on a cushion in the living room. We didn't intrude for long, but we met her grandfather and then left wishing Charles to get better soon. I thought about that for a while before realising it was time for lunch.

     After having lunch, I started on my homework for the next week. At around 2:30, I got dressed up to go out. I wore a plain white top with frills and and a ribbon, and a blue skirt. After a glance in the mirror, I went down to the living room. I picked up my phone from the sofa and called Juvia.
"Hello. Juvia?"
"Hello, Erza. Good thing Erza called soon, it will take time to reach the cinema. Juvia and Erza should leave soon."
"Okay. Should I come over right now?"
"Okay."
"Bye, meet you in a few."
"Okay. Bye."

     I put my phone and wallet in a small purse and left the house. I locked the door before walking over to Juvia's. It was a warm afternoon. The streets were coated in golden light, filtering through the leaves of trees lining them.

     I walked up to her door and rang the doorbell. Juvia opened the door and came out, shutting the door behind her. She adjusted the strap of her sandal and said, "Juvia is ready. Juvia thinks it will be better to hire a cab. The cinema is far..."

     I nodded and followed her out of her front yard. We hired a cab and rode all the way to the cinema. We got out and saw Lucy standing just outside the building, waiting for us. I paid for the fare, and then walked over to Lucy.

     She greeted us with a smile, "Hey! Glad you could reach in time. We got about ten minutes till the movie starts." "Oh.", I said, "Then let's hurry." Juvia nodded and we went in, past the security. We took our seats and waited excitedly for the movie to start.

2 hours later

Erza's POV:

     The movie was beautiful. It was a nice ending, a fulfilling one. The three of us left the building and waited on the footpath talking about the movie.

     "We should watch it sometime again." Lucy said. "Yeah" Juvia replied, smiling. "It feels so nice. I had a really good time. But I need to go. Father would be after my blood otherwise." Lucy said, looking apologetic.

     "It's okay, Lucy. Let's meet on Monday. " I said. "Okay. Bye!" Lucy replied. "Bye!" Juvia and I said together. Lucy took a cab and waved at us before entering. After her cab was out of sight, me and Juvia decided to walk home. It was only about 5 p.m. and the evening air was perfect to have a walk in.

     We walked down the street, in the direction we came in the cab from. We walked in sync, on the cobblestone streets, occassionally speaking about school.

     "-Juvia couldn't join the art club..." Juvia was speaking. Suddenly, I remembered about joining the cooking club. I said to her, "Speaking of clubs, I wanted to join the cooking club." "Oh! That's awesome. Juvia knows a girl from the cooking club. Her name is Laki. She is very nice." Juvia said.

     "Cool. I have no idea who to contact about joining the club. Would she be able to help me?" I asked Juvia. Juvia smiled and replied, "Ofcourse. Juvia will introduce her tomorrow in school." "Okay. Thanks a lot, Juvia." I thanked her.

     "No problem. Infact, Juvia was thinking of joining.. " Juvia gasped and continued in a low voice, "...Gray-y - sa-sama..." Her face became red and I followed her line of sight to see Gray Fullbuster with none other than the blue headed moron.

______________________________________

Next Update: 9th March 2020.