18. Family and Friends.

Morning

Erza's POV:

     I was getting ready for school, rushing here and there as usual. I picked up my bag and had almost left the room when a silver gleam caught my eye. I had forgotten about the locket. I picked it up and hung it down my neck.

     Happily, I went down to be greeted by Hynhe and Juliet. I ate the breakfast Hynhe had made for me and packed my lunch. I left the house in a few minutes, saying goodbye to them. I saw Juvia come out of her house and we went to school together.

     In homeroom, I took my usual seat. Mr. Gildarts had not yet come, so I decided to ask Lucy right away. I asked, "Hey Lucy, you all wanted to meet Hynhe and Juliet, right?" Lucy nodded. I continued, "Well, they said that they would love to meet you. When should we...?"

     "Ah. Tomorrow after school? Let's ask the others today. We can visit your house then." Lucy replied. I nodded and said, "Good idea. I'll tell them that." Juvia said to me, "Juvia is okay with it."
Before I could say anything, Mr. Gildarts came in, interrupting us as always.

After School

Erza's POV:

     I left the classroom and walked out to the main entrance happily. All of my friends had agreed to meet Hynhe and Juliet tomorrow after school. I saw Lucy standing at the entrance with Levy and Wendy, so I started to make my way towards her.

     I had thought that nothing could dampen my mood right now. But turns out, I was wrong as hell. Before I could reach my friends, a certain blue haired guy had to step into my path. I almost collided into him. Almost.

     Unlike last time though, he stopped. He looked at me for a second and then turned away, continuing his walk. 'Rude again.' I ignored him and continued walking towards my friends.

Next Day

Erza's POV:

     I was nervous for no reason whatsoever. It was only my friends and my family. It wasn't like I was introducing my boyfriend to them. But I felt this weird feeling in my stomach anyways.

     After school had ended, I just walked to the entrance of the building and took a deep breath. Hynhe and Juliet were waiting at home and they knew all my friends already.

     I talked all evening about each one of them. So I shouldn't have been worried. Still, here I am. I walked to where Lucy, Wendy, Juvia and Levy were waiting for me. Today we walked home together, without parting our ways.

     I rang the doorbell and waited with my friends. Juliet opened the door with a cheerful face and let us in. She was wearing a white apron. My friends took seat on the sofa, taking in the house. Hynhe came out of the kitchen wearing a black apron.

     She smiled and said, "Hey, I'm Hynhe. Nice to meet you all." Juliet nodded and said, "Hi! I'm Juliet! I'm so happy to meet Erza's friends!"

     "Hello. I'm Lucy Heartfilia. It's nice to meet you." Lucy started. One by one, all of them introduced themselves. Hynhe went into the kitchen and came back a batch of fresh, warm, chocolate chip cookies.

     We didn't wait too long to get started on them. We talked as we ate, chatting the evening away. We didn't realize how late it was till Lucy's phone rang at 7:00 p.m. sharp.

     She picked it up hastily, answering, "Hello. Yes. I'm at Erza's house. I told you I'll be late... But-!.... Okay. Yes. Goodbye." She put her phone down and looked at me. "Erza, I'm so sorry... My father called. I have to go home... I'm sorry."

     She picked up her bag and said, "You all continue without me! Have fun! Thank you for the delicious cookies, Hynhe. Meet you all tomorrow. Bye!" And she left.

     The atmosphere in the room became dull. Juliet said, "It's pretty late... You all can stay over for dinner! I'll call your parents and tell them." Levy replied, "No. It's okay. I have to go back to my dorm... Thank you for everything! I had a lot of fun! Bye." Levy left, followed by Wendy and Juvia.

     Even though no one was left, I felt lighter, happier. Smiling, I turned to Hynhe and Juliet and said, "Let's make dinner together!" Juliet too, smiled and replied, "Yep! I want to eat something delicious. I'm feeling good."

     I followed Hynhe and Juliet into the kitchen, talking about what to make for dinner. After dinner was done and our stomachs were full, we sat together in a balcony of an unused room on the upper floor.

     The moon was bright and the stars were sparkling, as if reflecting my happiness. Juliet pulled out chairs into the balcony and we took seats. I relaxed into the soft cushion of the chair, listening to Juliet and Hynhe's banter.

     For some reason, I remembered my mom. Her radiant face when she smiled was just like the moon - beautiful. I shook my head to clear my thoughts and tried to listen to Juliet and Hynhe. But they were looking at me with concern apparent in their eyes.

     Hynhe asked in a clam voice, "Are you okay, Erza?" I nodded, not sure wether I would be able to speak without cracking my voice. "If you want to talk to us, don't hesitate... We love you Erza and we don't want to see you struggling by yourself." Juliet added. I nodded again.

     After a long, hard stare from Hynhe and Juliet, I opened my mouth. "You see... I don't think I am over my mom's... you know. I am very confused. When I am with my friends, it's like... The hole in my heart gets filled. But when I am alone, the sorrow eats me away."

     I took a deep, shuddering breath. I was hoping not to break down in front of them. I slowly continued, "I don't know wether I should be happy or not... I don't know if it is right to use my friends so that I am happy... I have known them for over an month now and I am slowly getting attached to them... I just hope that I'm not using them for whatever selfish reasons."

     "Don't worry Erza... You're not like that. They are your friends, rights? You'll grow to love them and form bonds that will last forever. I know that you will be a good friend. You have always been to everyone." Juliet tried to assure me.

     "But... But I miss mom... When I am in this house, alone, I miss her so much... " I said, gulping air down my lungs. My eyes were stinging and I knew I was about to cry. I took another gasp of air and let my tears flow.

     "I wish I was strong... That I wouldn't be so helpless and... Not like this... I don't know what to do Hynhe, Juliet..." I cried. Hynhe silently stroked my back.

     After I had calmed down she said, "I don't know what to say that will help you or make you feel better... But I just want you to know, that this pain is what makes you stronger... You are strong Erza... It's okay to cry sometimes, it's okay to not be able to stand... What you should never forget though, is to get up again."

     She sighed and continued, "You have accepted Eileen's death. That needs courage. You are strong enough to accept the pain and sorrow that life throws at you. Then, you're definitely strong enough to get through it."

     "You're not alone... You have me and Juliet and your new-found friends.... And Eileen. She will always be with you. Right here." She pointed to my heart.

     I looked at her, my face stained with dried tears and said, "Thank you, Hynhe." I turned to Juliet and hugged the both of them, "Thanks a lot, both of you. I am glad I have you."

______________________________________

(A/n): Hello. I'm sorry for updating so late... I also wanted to thank you all for reading this book. But this might be the lastest chapter for a while... Life is getting busier... I don't think I will be able to make time to write. I'm sorry. I hope you enjoy the story!
Also, I ENTERED THE BOOK INTO THE WATTYS!!
I love you all so much. Thank you for reading this book. I never thought that I would get 1K reads... Thank you all so much. Love you ♥. Bye!!