53. The Party

A week later

Erza's POV:

I stepped into the gym with Juvia and looked around for familiar faces. I smiled at a few people who made eye contact with me as I scanned the large room. Lucy had called us to tell us that she had reached, but I couldn't see her anywhere.

Slowly, Juvia and I made our way towards the end of the room, trying to find her. Suddenly, Juvia said, "Juvia found Lucy...over there." Juvia pointed, just as I saw her. She was standing with Levy and talking to Natsu near a drinks stand.

We made our way towards her and joined them in talking about the party. After a while, Wendy and Gajeel too joined us. Which somehow ended with Natsu and Gajeel arguing about which drink was better.

They stopped their squabble only when Laxus came, followed by Jellal and Gray. Lucy then said, "Guys, let's take a picture together... It's the last time we'll be here. Come on!"

So we shifted around and Gray handed over his phone to Mirajane, who was passing by, and asked her to take a photo. She happily took the phone and asked us to move around so that we could all fit into the picture.

I ended up next to Lucy and infront of Jellal. Once we were settled, Mirajane tried to take a pic, but Laxus at the other side, and I on one, wouldn't fit in. She frowned and said, "Get closer to each other, don't stand so far apart..."

Jellal looked at me and gently pulled me in, closer to Lucy, who put her hand around my waist. Everyone shifted a bit closer and then looked at Mirajane. She smiled as she angled the camera to take a picture.

I tried to supress the blush that graced my cheeks because Jellal's warm hand was still on my arm. A flash of bright light, and Mira grinned, handing over the phone to Gray.

The photo came really well, and no one was blinking. We took pictures with each other too, in smaller groups and duos and selfies.

We went to talk to the teachers to thank them for teaching us and for all the fun we had in school. We all knew we were going to miss them and their tics, whether or not we liked them.

Mr. Gildarts was very emotional about this. He had been with most of the students for atleast a year. We even talked to Mr. Ichiya, who said that he was going to miss our parfume.

After that, there was the dance. At the start, the music was taken care of by the Uesugi sisters. Everyone enjoyed the music and danced under the multicoloured lights of the suddenly dim room.

I wasn't used to dancing, but with my friends, I didn't feel that anything could go wrong at that point. It was really fun to dance and to watch others dance to the beat. But it ended after a while when the slow songs started.

The gym floor was cleared. It was time for the slow dances. The first one to ask me to a dance was Jellal, "Hey.. Would you like to dance with me?" I felt a blush creeping up my cheeks again. 'What's wrong with me tonight??' I nodded and he took my hand, leading me into the crowd of dancing couples.

"I don't really dance..." I said in a low voice, afraid I was going to make a fool of myself. Jellal smiled and said, "I don't either. But it's not that hard to just move around slowing, making sure to not step on the other person's foot."

I started to move my feet in rhythm with Jellal's. I had to look down the whole time, so that I wouldn't accidentally step on his foot. He chuckled, "Don't keep looking at your feet, let them move naturally." I glared at him and replied, "If you want me to step on your foot so much..."

I straightened and did as he told me. It went pretty well for a while, and we had the chance to talk to each other. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a very red faced Juvia dancing with Gray and even Levy, dancing with Gajeel.