57. Five Years Later Part 2

Erza's POV:

    I texted Jellal, asking where he was. I reached my house and sat on the front steps, in the shade of a tree. I waited for his reply, eyes glued to my phone screen. 'What if he's back at the cake shop? ...if that was him in the first place...'

      I was about to call Laki and ask her, when someone walked into my front yard. I looked up into a pair of brown eyes. Jellal was grinning, hands in his pockets.

     I stood up suddenly and my bag slipped from my lap onto the ground. I didn't bother picking it up. I just ran towards Jellal, closing the distance between us and hugging him tightly. He was real. He was really standing in front of me.

     He hugged me back saying, "It's been a long time, huh?" I replied, "Yes..." But it was muffled against his shirt. He slowly pulled me away, looking at me from head to toe.

     "You don't look much different..." He said, looking at my eyes. I shrugged and smiled, taking him in. "You don't look much different either... Just, more mature maybe." I said to him.

     "Look who decided to show up." A voice from behind Jellal growled. Jellal turned around and even though I couldn't see him, I know he was grinning. Gray too, was grinning. Gray closed the distance in two strides and hugged Jellal.

     I smiled, happy to see them together again. Gray made sure to hit Jellal before letting him go. He turned to me and said, "Lucy called me. Change in plans. I'll tell you more later."

     Jellal asked, "What plans?" Gray waved his hand, saying, "Nothing that concerns you. Don't worry about it." Jellal looked suspicious, but didn't say anything more. Gray stood with his hands on his waist and said, "Okay... I gotta get back to the station. I'm late as it is... See you two later. Have fun!"

     "Okay, Gray! Have fun.." I said, smiling. He scowled and turned to leave. Jellal opened his mouth to say something, but closed it. He just waved goodbye to Gray, who acknowledged it with a wave of his own hand.

     I invited Jellal in. Just as he took seat on the sofa, a notification sound came from my phone. It was Gray. I said to Jellal, "I'll be back in a bit. Let me freshen up..." He nodded and I went to the bathroom to check Gray's message.

We're meeting at my place tonight. Tell Jellal I invited the both of you for dinner. Don't bring anything else, just Jellal. Make sure he dosen't suspect a thing. Everyone will be at my place. Knock thrice on the door, don't ring the bell. I'll text you when we're ready. Now delete this message if you're done reading.

     I read the long message twice more before deleting it. I quickly washed up and changed into more comfortable clothes before going back into the living room.

     Jellal was patiently waiting for me and smiled when he saw me enter the room. I asked him if he wanted anything to drink, to which he replied no. I took a seat next to him and stayed silent.

     He spoke, "So... It's been five years already..." I nodded, "Yeah." He continued, "How... I mean, do you, do you still... like me?" He was nervous, I could see it on his face. Needless to say, I was extremely nervous too.

     "Yes...uh- No." I saw something flicker in his eyes before I continued, "I love you." I paused and said, "But... Do you still...?" I trailed off, not sure what he felt. He smiled and said, "I love you Erza. I love you so much..." He engulfed me into a hug again.

     We stayed like that for a while before I said, "You know, they tried to set me up with other guys. It didn't work though..." I unconsciously grabbed the lock in my neck. It was the one I was supposed to gift Jellal. I started wearing this one after Jellal left, so that he would always be with me.