36. Study Help.

One Month Later

Erza's POV:

     The fact that it was the last year at high school didn't take too long to set in. The school work had increased and we needed to study double the amount. It felt as if I had slept through a year in the middle of second and third years.

     I was doing okay, but I would be foolish to think I could hold this up for the whole year. We had got back our Science test papers yesterday and honestly, the marks were bad.

      It was a Saturday today, so after breakfast, I decided to go through the test paper. I rummaged through my bag and found the paper trapped between two textbooks. I pulled it out and placed it on my desk.

     I went through the paper to see where I had gone wrong. 'That's too many silly mistakes...' I flipped the page as I jotted down the right answers in a notebook. 'This one... I don't understand... I'll need to ask someone.' I marked the question as a doubt and continued scavenging the paper.

     'Another silly mistake. Stupid me...' I flipped a page again, writing the right answer in my notebook. 'I don't remember how to do this one... ...I don't understand how this is to be done...!' I marked a few more questions before putting the question paper aside.

     'Who should I ask? Lucy didn't get much better than me either... Jellal? I'd do better if I just go to the teacher... Uhh, what if she scolds me??' I clutched my hair. 'Jellal it is!'

Two Days Later

Lunch

Erza's POV:

     I watched silently as Jellal approached the table and sat a couple seats away from me. I shifted into the seat next to me, closer to him. He had barely taken out his lunch when I asked him, "Hey, Jellal, how much did you get in the Science test?"

     He turned towards me and answered, "18 out of 20... It was pretty difficult for a small test." I nodded and questioned him again, "You got good marks... Could you.. could you.. help me?" He asked, "Help you with what?" I answered, "Science."

     "And Maths." I added before he could reply. He was frozen, his mouth open to reply. He closed his mouth, thought for a second before saying, "Okay... I can help with Maths too. When?"

     "About that... I don't really know. I have cooking club after school. We'll have to meet on weekends or something..." I replied. He nodded and turned to his lunch, thinking. After a while, he said, "How about the Library? You know where it is?"

     I nodded, my mouth full. Swallowing the morsel, I said, "So.. in the morning?" He nodded and said, "9 to 12, you can ask me anything." I nodded, replying, "Okay. This Saturday, 9:00 am, Fiore Library."

Saturday

Jellal's POV:

     I reached the library and waited for Erza. After waiting for a while, I checked the time, '8:55 am. Is she waiting for me inside?' I looked around for Erza but I couldn't find her scarlet hair anywhere. I took seat nearest to the door so that I could see her when she came.

     In a couple of minutes, Erza entered, looking around. She spotted me as I waved at her. She took a seat next to me and said, "Good morning, Jellal. Thank you for coming to help me." She smiled.

     I smiled back and replied, "No problem, Erza. I'm happy to help." She pulled out her books and the test paper. She showed me the questions she had marked. We started on her doubts immediately.

     She asked me the things that she didn't understand in class. Most of them were actually difficult. She knew the basics clearly, so it wasn't much trouble to explain.

     After I was done explaining, I gave her a few questions to solve. She nodded and started solving them. In no time, she had the correct answers to the questions. She handed me her answer sheet and I checked them.

     I handed it back to her, saying, "All correct." I smiled, proud of myself. She smiled too, glancing over her answers. "Anything else?" I asked her. She replied, "Yes, actually... It's Maths."

     I nodded and asked, "Which topic do you want?" She put her science books in her bag and pulled out her Maths textbook. "So, I tried solving these sums... I could do the topic when it was taught in class, but I just don't understand how to do them now."

     I chuckled at her confused face and said, "It's okay. It happens. I'll help you with it. Don't worry." She showed me the sums and I solved them for her in a notebook. She looked very focused on what I was teaching her.

     After I was done, she smiled, having understood how to solve the sums. "Thank you so much, Jellal." I s
"There are a few more things, but we don't have enough time..." She replied. I looked at the time, '11: 47 pm. Time went by fast...' I turned to Erza and said, "Same time, tomorrow then?" She nodded.

Erza's POV:

     After the session, studying the topics was easier. I was glad I went to Jellal. He was a really good teacher. 'I should mark the questions I want to ask him tomorrow... There's some sums from Calculus too...'

     I wrote down my doubts and solved some questions by myself, thanks to Jellal's teaching. After I was done, I stretched my arms and slumped into the chair. I suddenly noticed that the room had become dimmer.

     'But it's afternoon..?' I heard a light, rustling noise and threw open the curtains. It was raining. I checked the date on my phone. 'Ah..  June started already. I didn't realise...'

     I opened the window and a pleasant, cool breeze entered the room, bringing along with it the smell of wet soil. It refreshed me after my study session. I stayed at the window for a while, watching the rain drops come to the ground, forming puddles.

______________________________________

Next Update: 20th July, 2020.

(A/n): Sorry guys. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, I got a lot of free time to write. I enjoyed it, mostly thanks to you all. But now, the lockdown is ending and I have a few exams to give. So, the updates will be slower. Every two weeks, on Mondays. Sorry again. I hope you understand. ^_^