38. Sleepover Part 2.

Erza's POV:

     I remembered the pastries I bought and got up from the bed to get them. I picked up the bag and placed it in the middle of the bed. Lucy eyed it curiously and I answered her, "It's pastries. From a cafe near me."

     I plopped onto the bed and opened the bag, taking out the pastries. "Ooh! They look so yummy!" Juvia's eyes sparkled. I chuckled and handed her a pastry, which she accepted happily.

     "I'm learning to make cakes and pastries in the cooking club. One day I hope I can make pastries this delicious." I said, taking a bite out of a strawberry pastry.

     "Oou wee be abe foo, onf wooi." Lucy said, her mouth stuffed. I choked on my pastry as my body tried to laugh and swallow at the same time. Everyone else descended into a fit of giggles.

     I swallowed with some difficulty and started coughing and laughing at the same time. After I recovered I said, "Ah.. This is so fun..."

     "It is!" Juvia said, grinning. "Okay! Now to the most interesting part!" Lucy said, "We are going to... Reveal our most deepest darkest secrets!" She looked at us eagerly.

     'Uh... How do I tell them that I don't have any deep, dark secrets?' I looked around and saw that most of them felt the same way. Lucy spoke, "I'll start..."

     She got up and covered the windows with curtains, making the room dimmer than it already was. She came back and made herself comfortable as we straightened ourselves, eager to hear her secrets.

     "Well... I ran away from this house in Middle School." She spoke fast. "What? When did you do that Lu-chan?!" Levy asked, shocked. Lucy smiled nervously and said, "I once came to your house, Levy... Third year. I came after I went home that day."

     Levy's eyes widened and she said softly, "Right... That was the last time you came to my house... So long ago." Lucy nodded and continued, "Well, that evening I decided to run away from everything, you know..."

     "I took a bag, filled it with some snacks and went to Levy's house." Lucy said, remembering the memory, "I had fun with Levy all evening and was planning to spend the night there... But they found me. Brought me back here."

     "I know how stupid that sounds now... But I was naive, I guess. I tried to run away on a night Father wasn't home. So he dosen't know about it. I requested the staff to not tell him anything."

     "Oh Lucy... But... Why?" Wendy asked. Lucy gulped lightly and her eyes looked about her room as she said, "This house has always been like a prison to me. Ever since mom died... I felt trapped."

     I felt a jolt in my stomach as I heard this new piece of information. 'Lucy's mom too...' I was too shocked to say anything. 'That's why I she understood me... She knows the pain that I went through...'

     Wordlessly, I pulled her into a awkward hug, hoping to comfort her. She hugged me back and we sat like that for a while before breaking apart. Lucy said in a small voice, "Thank you, Erza."

     I just smiled at her. Levy spoke up, "My turn... I once stole a book from the Library." We all laughed at that. "You could have just borrowed it?" I said.

     "Yeah... It was an accident actually..." Levy explained, laughing nervously. We talked about our secrets and some absolutely random stuff for the rest of the evening.

     When it got dark, we decided to watch a movie, so Lucy asked a maid to bring some popcorn while we selected a movie to watch. We watched the movie late into the night. Wendy and Juvia had fallen asleep by the time the movie ended.