42. Mountain Trip Part 1.

Jellal's POV:

     "Woo-hoo!" Natsu shouted as the car came to a screeching stop, ruining the soft grass under its tires. We quickly got out and waited as another car stopped next to ours and the girls poured out.

     "This is a beautiful place, Lu-chan!" Levy said to Lucy and she took in the scenary around her. A soft, cool breeze went past us, ruffling our hair. I watched on as Erza's scarlet hair swayed beautifully in the wind.

     "Oh yeah, Lucy! It's amazing!" Gajeel exclaimed, walking over to her. Juvia walked towards the wooden structure behind us and said, "Juvia thinks this is beautiful too..."

    I took in the surroundings, the huge trees and the vines hanging off of their branches, the shrubs and bushes, the rocky, undulating ground covered with grass and fallen leaves, and I felt at peace. We were in the mountains, on a two day trip to relax.

     "Look at the lodge. It's big!" Gray said. I turned around to see as Lucy replied to him, "Yes, there are a total of five rooms... We can enjoy ourselves." She was the one who suggested this trip. Even I can't deny, with the prospect of all the hard work we had to do for the rest of the year, we needed this trip.

     I smiled as I entered the lodge and kept my bag on the floor. Ten people felt like a crowd in that room. Lucy was the last to enter and closed the main door behind her with a loud thud, gaining our attention.

     "Okay, guys. So this place wasn't used in a long time, but it's been cleaned for our use. We have two bedrooms on this floor and two above. So we can split into groups of two and three and take rooms!" Lucy told us and grabbed her bag, moving into the bedroom closest to her.

     "I'll go up." Gray said and went upstairs. I watched as Natsu and Gajeel took the other bedroom on this floor. Laxus nudged me in the side and asked, "Let's go up and stay with Gray. I won't be able to handle the both of them."

     I nodded and followed him upstairs, glancing a last time to see Levy and Wendy enter the room in which Lucy went. I saw Erza and Juvia taking their bags before looking into a dimly lit corridor.

Erza's POV:

     Juvia whispered, "Gray-sama is going upstairs, Juvia w-would like to stay in the other bedroom upstairs..." Levy smirked and said, Ofcourse, Juvia. I'll be with Lucy then. What about you Wendy?"

     "Oh, I'll stay with you I guess." Wendy said and they made their way to Lucy's bedroom. Juvia turned to me and smiled. I smiled back and said, "We'll be together then. Let's go up!"

     She nodded and we followed Jellal and Laxus up. Jellal and Laxus entered a room with a slightly open door. So, we entered a door next to it. But it opened to a wide terrace that was right above the living room of the lodge.

     "Wow, this place is cool..." I said and stepped away to let Juvia see. We quickly dropped our bags into the remaining bedroom and came back to the terrace. Cool wind blew as we admired the view.

     After a while, Gray too discovered this place and came back with Jellal and Laxus. All of us enjoyed the cool wind for a while, and stayed there chatting till the summer sun was too much to bear.

     Coming down, we saw Lucy packing a basket with food. She saw us and said, "Hey guys. We were preparing for a picnic. I know this waterfall a small walk away... We could sit there and have lunch. How does that sound?" She asked with a smile gracing her face.

     "It sounds awesome, Lucy." I replied and Juvia nodded. "Juvia will help to pack." She walked over to Lucy and helped her put the last of things into the basket.