The How Works

"Okay, so the How works," Steve explains. "Now we gotta figure out the When and the Where."
I'm still exhausted and tired. It took me hours to fall asleep last night, and Nat waking me up at 7:00 AM didn't help much.
We all gather in the conference room with walls made entirely of glass. There's a round table in the middle with at least a dozen chairs around it. I sit next to Nat on the window side. On the glass in the front of the room are all of the stones and what they were housed in or what form they came in. The Time stone inside the Eye of Agamoto, the Reality stone as the Aether, the Space stone inside the Tesseract, the Power stone inside an intricatly decorated silver orb, the Soul stone as just the stone, and the Mind stone inside the Scepter. Everytime i see it, it sends a chill down my spine, remembering everything Strucker did to me with it. The pain, the screaming, the isolation.
"Almost everyone in this room has had an encounter with at least one of these six infinity stones." Steve says, walking in front of the glass projections.

"Or, substitute the word encounter by damn near killed by one of the six infinity stones." Tony says, standing on the edge of the glass.
"

I haven't, but i don't even know what the hell you're all talking about," Scott says.
"Regardless," Hulk replies, standing by the corner of the table. "We only have enough Pym Particles for one round trip each. And these stones have been in a lot of different places throughout history.

"Our history, so not a lot of convenient places to just drop in,"  Tony says.
"Which means we have to pick our targets," Clint chimes in.
"Correct."
"So, let's start with the Aether," Steve crosses his arms. "Thor, What do you know?"

We all turn to face Thor, who is sitting the the corner with a beer can in one hand and sunglasses on. Why? I have no idea.
"

Is he alseep?" Nat asks.

"No," Rhodey says. "Pretty sure he's dead."
I take the can out of his hand from where i'm sitting. I make it float over to me, grab it, and set it down on the table.
"What the hell are you doing?"

Rocket asks.
"Who has my beer?" Thor almost shouts as he shakes awake.
I hold it up. "You'll get it back when you're done explaining the Aether."
"I'm warning you, you little...who are you, again?"
"I'm Frankie, as i said yesterday, and you're up." I point to the front.
"Give me back my--"
"Now."
Everyone stares at me like i'm flirting with death. Like they can't believe what they're seeing. I don't care that he's the "strongest Avenger", I just want my friends back, and he's standing in the way of that.
"Okay, i'm going. Damn." Thor stumbles out of thr chair and walks around the other side of the table. "You know, you and Valkrie would be great friends. You're both mean little angry girls."
"Excuse me?"
"That's really a compliment, you know. Valkrie's great."

"Sure it was."
He gets to the front and takes his sunglasses off. "

Where to start? Umm..." He taps his glasses on the screen. "The Aether. First, it is not a stone. Someone called it a stone before. Uh, it's more of an...an angry sludge sort of thing, so someone's going to need to amend that, and stop saying that." He stops talking to mess with his eye. "Here's an intresting story, though, about the Aether."
Nat and i look at each other as if we can hear each others thoughts. Which of courseb i can. And we're both thinking the same thing. This is ridiculous. Rocket puts his head to his hand.
"My grandfather many hears ago had to hide the stone from the dark elves. Oooo!" He makes a noise like a ghost in a bad, cheesy horror movie. "Scary beings. So Jane...actually," He fiddles with the screen and a picture of Jane Foster pops up. "Oh, there she is. That's Jane, she's...an old flame of mine. She stuck her hand inside a rock this one time, and then the Aether stuck itself inside her, and she became very very sick, so i had to take her to Asgard, which is where i'm from, and uh, we had to try and fix her."
Everyone is making weird, cringed faces, as if they are accepting never getting anyone back, except for Scott who looks completely and utterly fascinated.
"We were dating at the time, you see. I got to introduce her to my mother...who's dead, and umm," He sounds like he's starting to cry. "Oh, you know, Jane and i aren't even dating anymore, so. These things happen, you know, nothing lasts forever. The only thing that--"
"Why don't you come sit down?" Tony says.