Kind of Clicked

"Everybody wants a happy ending. Right?" Tony says through the speaker of his Iron Man suit helmet. It projects a video of him sitting on a chair, his head on a hnd resting on the back of the chair. "But it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back, it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited, I hope we get it back and something like a normal version of the planet has been restored, if there ever was such a thing."
I stand against the wall in the back of the room with Peter, supporting all of my weight on my crutches from the hospital.
It took some convincing to get Peter to come with me, to make him think he deserved to hear the message Pepper found the day after Tony died. Even now, he didn't want to stand with all of Tony's family and best friends, so we stood at the back. I'm not complaining. More wall for me to lean on.
"God, what a world. Universe, now," Tony continues. "If you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone, let alone, you know, to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised, but come on. The epic forces of dark and light that have come in to play. And for better or worse, that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in. So I thought I better record a little greeting, in the case of an untimely death, on my part. I mean, not that death at any time isn't untimely. This time travel thing we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow, it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. Then again that's the hero gig. Part of the journey is the end. What am I even tripping for? Everything's gonna workout exactly the way it's supposed to."
Tony's projection stands up and walks forward towards the helmet. He looks up smiling, somehow directly into Morgan's eyes. "I love you 3000." He clicks something on the helmet and his projection disappears, leaving the place he was in empty. Leaving a hole where he used to he in all of us, forever.

(Well...maybe not "forever"...)

...
After Tony's funeral, we sit on the opposite side of the lake from the house. Peter, Me, Morgan, and Harley, this guy i had met at the funeral. Apparently Tony had broken into his garage with a dead iron man suit once and long story short, saved the country or something.

My crutches lay on the ground by the bench. Peter sits in the grass by the bench with Morgan beside him. Harley sits on the bench with me, letting me lean on him for support. I told him about pretty much everything that had happened up until this point, other than the whole trying to kill myself thing, even though i didn't try and hide my scars anymore. I don't know why i didn't, it just seems so insignificant, now. I'm not scared of them, anymore.
I caught Harley thinking maybe she wouldn't want to talk about it. That's why he didn't mention it. But it's not like she's hiding it.
"I don't mind talking about it," i say quietly to him.
"Did you just read my mind?" He asks.
"Maybe," i say.
"She does that a lot," Peter says, glacing back at us. I catch the glint of tears in his eyes.
Something in the lake catches my eye and i have to sqwint to see what it is.

It's the wreath of flowers that Pepper put in the lake. It had one of Tony's old Arc Reactors with the words "Proof that Tony Stark has a heart" on it. When she had put it in the water, i stood in the back with Wanda. That's how i met Harley. He was standing behind us and after everyone watched the wreath float away for a little while, and after that we all went inside the cabin and start to say out goodbyes to each other. That's where i got Harley's number. I know it's kind of inappropriate to do that at a funeral, but when am i going to get this chance again?

I was staying at Pepper and Morgan's house for awhile until the Compound was rebuilt, so i wasn't in any rush to get anywhere. This was my first night out of the hospital, though. I'd been there for 2 days and half of today and needed to get out of there. Peter is staying here too, since he and his Aunt May lost their apartment after they both got Snapped. She was staying with a friend.
The first night after "The Blip" as everyone has start calling it, Peter stayed at Pepper's.
I gently push the wreath back out into the lake from where it had gotten stuck on the shore. It floats slowly back out towards the senter of the lake, but the wind keeps sending it this way, and i keep sending it back every few minutes.
"I'm hungry," Morgan announces, fidgeting with the hem of her black dress.
"What do you want?" Peter asks, looking away from the lake to her. I've seen in the past day the way he acts around her, like she's his little sister or something. Through all of his pain, he always smiles at her.
"Happy went to get cheeseburgers," Morgan says.
"Okay," Peter says.
"I've got to go," Harley says, taking his arm off my shoulder's. He had done the whole cheesy yawn-and-put-his-arm-around-me thing. I don't really know how to act because this is all kind of new for me. I'm usually not very good with strangers, but something with Harley just kind of clicked. He had that "pretty boy" smile, even at a funeral, and was easy to talk to.
"