Duo

Rei woke up to the dim lights once again, but other than that, nothing. The boy on her left was gone, the doctor hadn't returned either. She didn't know how long she'd been sleeping, still too tired and pained to guess such a futile question.

But just when she thought silence had grown familiar, the sounds of keys clanging reminded her to put on guard. Even though that was not a simple task.

"Rei-chan~, I got your onigiri!" It was Mori-san.

The girl with the said name let out the biggest sigh of relief as soon as she saw the white lab coat and the doctor holding the onigiri bag. The man was cheerful, he bounced his way to the patient bed and placed the bag on her tummy.

"Eat lots and recover, Rei-chan."

She hid her eyes away from his look, he brought to her the feeling of being cared and loved. She knew what it was but still it scared her. Because the last time she felt such feelings was before her brother was taken into the orphanage. The kid celebrated his birthday with her just before the incident.

"Rei-chan? Don't you want to eat?" Mori lifted the bag and placed it on his laps.

"I want you to answer my questions first." Still evading his gaze, she was fiddling with the white sheet.

"Of course." He positioned himself on his chair, putting the bag away.

Rei bit her lips and turned to Mori, she was no longer looking at the warm eyes before but a colder pair of violet orbs. Ah, she regretted looking away from the warm gaze.

"Who was that boy sitting next to my bed?"

She recalled a figure sleeping uncomfortably on the chair to her left. His fists clenched so tightly she was afraid they might leave him bleeding. As if he was angry even in his dream.

"Who is he?..."

"He works for me." She could sensed the cunning smirk even though she was not looking at the doctor.

As the man stopped, the boy she saw earlier burst through the door screaming. "Boss! I got it!" The joy on his face was pleasing. Though he walked in the most awkward situation. He was holding a white dress and she gave him the biggest question mark while Mori only nodded in pleasure.

"Very well, Chuuya-kun. Now Rei-chan, change of clothes."

Rei sat up against the headboard to have a better look at the fabric laid on her bed. It was a simple dress, cream white with sakura flower details at the rims, calf-length, with a knot to frame her waist. The piece was nice, but why would she need it in the first place?

"What is it for?" Rei raised her brow.

"Well your clothes were burnt quite badly, so I asked Chuuya-kun here to pick out some clothes for you."

"Ane-san picked the dress..." Chuuya scratched his head looking away, a tint of rouge on his cheeks.

"Ane-san..?" Rei removed her gaze from the dress to the youngster standing.

"You will meet her later. Now, up you go, get dressed." Mori rose from his seat with a hand held out. His smile changed again, it was warm again.

Mori closed the curtain and removed himself from the nearby section. Out he dragged Chuuya as well. Rei heard the click of the door before complete silence befell the room with an obnoxious feeling embracing her skin. It hurt, her body hurt when she moved even just a bit.

Multiple bone fractures.

The girl stood up from the bed, finding her body completely wrapped in white medical bandages. Nothing else was dressed on her beside those bandages, not even a patient robe.