First Mission Arc - Tres

It felt as if she was about to burst, that same feeling every time she failed to suppress the energy waves. She hadn't fully succeeded in transforming the energy to different forms. Thus, she couldn't store much energy. The child was faster than she thought, before she could attack, it was already gone.

"You need to store the energy for better use, Rei-chan. Alternate the energy, use them to your offense and defense."

She wondered how could his voice be so calm and soothing.

Rei regained her focus quickly, all energy poured into her sight. Locate the kid first, attack after. She could hear the chuckle of the little girl right before a giant syringe speared her way. Deflect it, deflect it. The energy surge switched to her legs and forward she sped. The black light emitted from her frame as she absorbed the entire syringe.

"Ability! Child Of Catastrophe!"

The power within her exuded through her hand and formed into the giant syringe that she absorbed just seconds ago. The little kid gasped in horror once, before the syringe pierced through her tiny body.

From behind, she could hear him applauding, also coughing as well. After all, Elise-chan was pierced in halves just then. 

"Rintarou..." The name slipped the kid's lips before she disappeared completely.

"Great work, Rei-chan. Elise-chan has never been defeated before."

Her mentor, Mori Ougai, let his back fall on the chair, his short breaths seemed louder than before. Yet, he left his seat to come to her, hands rounded behind his back.

"Thank you, Mori-san."

"But it's not over yet."

Rei managed to stop the man's move before he could shove the blade in her stomach. That will leave a bruise. She thought as she tightened her grip around Mori's wrist. He didn't flinch though his eyes fixed on her still.

"Like I said, great work..." 

She let go of his hand and he fell back at the same time, Mori didn't expect to win against her in a fist fight. But he needed not to waste his strength, she still hasn't finished the training yet.

"...but you still have another round to win." The malicious smirk stretched across his lips.

"Kyaaaaaaaaa!"

She widened once she realized the scream. Dividing the energy waves to her legs and her hands, Rei jumped over to the side and balanced herself on the crushed surface. If she was to dodge one second later, she would've been crushed with the ground beneath her. Rei rolled aside and swiftly lifted herself up above the boy. 

There were two ways it could go.

One, she evaded his gravity pulls, keeping away from his contact until she wore herself out.

Two, she approached, absorbed the gravity force and used it against him. But that will result in a broken arm, or at least a sprain.

Either way, she wouldn't make it out without any injuries.

"Flexibility, Rei-chan. You spend too much time thinking when you should be defending."

Those turquoise orbs turned to her with enormous power in their way. The gravity pull was greater than she thought, even escaping was impossible then. The force stripped her strength almost that instant, pain spread across her body.

Faster, faster! She must absorb it faster before she lost control of the energy waves.

"Attack and defend. There's no place in the mafia for the weak. Take the risk, like you always do."