Chapter Eighteen

Freya's POV:

     The next morning, I awoke to the sound of a new voice in the pack house and in my head. I could hear the person freaking out, which made me realize it was someone who was newly phased. I slowly got out of bed, deciding to get a shower, before making my way down to everyone else. After my shower, I slipped on some new clothes and then headed down to the others. I was honestly shocked to see Embry standing in the pack house.

"Quite a way to wake up, huh?" Paul commented, as he came over towards me.

"Don't you know it." I replied, as he smirked.

      Emily watched us for a moment, almost begging us to kiss. I didn't really think Paul and I would kiss any time soon, but I was okay with that. As Embry looked up at me, with both relief and fear in his eyes, that's when Paul kissed me. I could practically feel his jealousy running through him, though he knew I would never leave him for Embry.

"Freya, I missed you. I haven't talked to you in forever." Embry said, as he came over and hugged me.

"Yeah, it's been a while." I replied, knowing he was going to piss off Paul if he got close like that again to me.

     Emily smirked at me once we had eye contact again, which made me smile lightly.

"You've changed a lot since the last time I seen you, Freya." Embry commented, causing me to sigh.

"Well, it's all Jacob's fault. Nonetheless, I'm happy with myself now more than I had been before." I replied, making Embry look at me confused.

"What do you mean? Jake said you had went off the rails, joined Sam's cult. Well, now I see what happened, but I'm confused on why you're blaming Jake." Embry said, as I felt Paul getting irritated.

"He was the one that caused her to phase. No more questions about that. You're going to make Paul mad." Sam stated, as Embry looked over at Paul and then to me.

"Why?" He asked Sam, as I laced my fingers with Paul's to try and calm him down.

"They're imprints. Whenever you say something like you had, you can easily anger her imprint. Vice versa as well, since if you say something about him like that you can anger her. They've imprinted on each other, which is a stronger bond than any of us can fathom." Sam answered, as Emily nodded in agreement.

     Jared stood off on the side lines, making sure nothing bad was going to kick off. He knew if Embry said too much, that he would really piss off Paul and then everything would go south really quick. Once the issue seemed to be defused, Paul and I sat down with Jared, as Embry sat in a chair across from us.

"Was your first time phasing as scary as mine?" He asked, hoping one of us would answer.

"Honestly? Yeah, mine really scared me. I got over it soon enough though and kind of just learned to deal with it in my own way." I replied, as Paul and Jared nodded in agreement.

"You seem darker than before, like not as bright and cheery. Not that I mean anything by it, it's just, you're not as playful as you had been before." He said, making Paul growl lowly.

"I've grown up since then, and I don't have time for childish games. Besides, we do have fun together, just not the stupid little games we played before. You'll learn that soon enough." I stated, as I ran my hand over Paul's arm and held his hand in my lap with mine.

"Yep, pretty soon you'll be getting the pack tattoo. Freya got hers yesterday before her first patrol." Paul commented, trying to get Embry riled up and nervous.

"I'll answer all the questions you have. Just let me know what you want to know about the pack." Sam stated, as Paul stood up.

     He pulled me up with him, leading me outside. We sat down on the porch together taking in one the very few sunny days there was in La Push. Honestly, that was one thing I missed the most from before, the sun. I wished it had followed me here, but nonetheless, we're stuck with rain and clouds. Such gloomy weather wasn't great on a person's mood.

"I think Embry has a thing for you." Paul commented, causing me to laugh.

"He can have a thing for me all he wants, you're the only man I'll ever want and need." I replied, as Paul smirked at me.

"I know, which is exactly why we're going to show off our relationship to everyone, instead of just hanging out alone or at night. We're not going to hide it anymore. Besides, Jared, Sam and Emily will understand, since our pull is so much stronger than any one of the pulls they had seen before." Paul stated, causing me to bite my lip.

"If that's what you want, that's what we'll do." I said, as he bit his lip as well.

"There's nothing else I'd rather do." He replied, making me smile.

     Paul stood up again, pulling me to my feet once he was standing. He then laced his fingers with mine, before we walked into the pack house. Emily grinned at us, as Jared sent us a smile of satisfaction, and Sam nodded to us in recognition. I looked over at Embry and seen he had been upset, when I heard his thoughts and I realized Paul was right. I squeezed Paul's hand to reassure him, before we made our way to the stairs.

"We're going to lay down in our room. Call for us when we're needed." Paul stated, before making direct eye contact with Embry.

     Embry quickly looked away, before Paul and I made our way upstairs. Once we were in the room with the door closed, I looked over at him.

"Our room?" I asked, making him nod with a small smirk.

"Yeah, we've been staying in it together since your first night here." He replied, causing me to nod.

"What about that thing with Embry, what was that?" I asked, as Paul smirked again.

"Just asserting my dominance, babe. Showing him just how serious I am if he were to try and make a move on you. Besides, Sam's going to tell him about imprinting soon enough." Paul said, as we both laid down in bed.

      He pulled me close to him, as I laid my head on his chest. He ran his fingers through my hair with one hand, as he laced and unlaced our fingers with the other hand. At this moment I seen a side of Paul I had never seen before, a very loving and calm side...

×××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, Embry has a thing for Freya, who seen that coming? It'll end soon enough though, since we all know Paul won't take too kindly to it much longer.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx