7: Baby's First Words?

"Kiki, stop," Bethy sighed. "We two days, and you're already becoming paranoid."

"It's not my fault," Kiki looked around. "I swear I heard whispers, and it's not my father, this place haunted, you killed people here, didn't you, and now they are here to take revenge. Please don't hurt me; I didn't do anything wrong!"

Grace chuckled. "Kiki, it's an old house, it's probably settling, it happened to my home too, at my father's farm, once in the awhile the house would creak because it's settling adjusting to the environment unless Bethy someone did die in here?"

"I don't know," Bethy said. "I bought this house from an old couple who moved away, I should've had asked if someone died, great, we have spirits, and they tend to be more active when Witches are around."

"Oh," Grace looked around. "Well, let's not think about it."

All three stood there in the silence until giggles broke it.

"Ha!" Kiki gripped Bethy's arm. "You heard that, please tell me I wasn't the only one."

"We heard it," Grace said.

The giggles happen again, Bethy and Kiki looked at her.

"What?" She frowned.

"The giggles are coming from you," Bethy said.

"What?" She laughed. "No there not, I wasn't giggling."

Again, the giggles.

"Your belly did," Kiki said. "Holy cow, your baby talks."

"What?" Grace looked down at her belly.

"We should work on that amulet," Bethy said. "I have never heard of this, your baby is special, and Lani knows it she must've had seen the future. Okay, Kiki, you are going to help me gather some ingredients to block the baby's scent."

"No."

"No?" Grace looked down. "Oh goodness, Bethy, get to working."

"On it," Bethy walked over to her brewing room but ended up back at the living room. "What just happened?"

"The baby doesn't want it," Kiki said. "Grace, talk to your baby and make them understand it's for your safety too."

Grace went to the bedroom and sat on the bed. "You can talk, even though your not born yet, it's not natural, you know, I want your father to hear you, Andre. He's going to be your father since yours isn't around anymore. Anyways, no more powers, please, you're hurting me too, you know." She stood and looked out the window. "I love you little one, but there is a time for playing around, and this is not it, you need to stop using your powers and let Bethy work on the amulet, it's for your protection, I would do anything to keep you safe."

"Mama."

"Hmm," she smiled. "I know, you want to protect me," she said. "But it's a mother job to protect their children; please allow me to do that," she rubs her belly and felt a slight tingly as if something lifted off her body. "Thank you."

"Love."

"I love you too," she went back to the living room. "Give it a try, Bethy."

Bethy opened the brewery room, and nothing happened. "Phew, now to get started, Grace, go get some rest you'll need, in case we need to run."

She went back to the bedroom and lay down.

Things keep getting complicated.

-

Lani sat on her mother's chair and looked down at the magical water. "Why can't I see them?"

"They must be using a spell to hide," a hooded figure said. "In time Bethy and them will resurface, it's only a matter of time before our pets find them. But for now, my Queen, we should get started on the resurrection of the Devil."