28: Greatest Sin

Grace winced. "Ow, does it have to hurt?"

"Sorry," Bethy knelt by the tub and checked her eyes. "I know it's painful, but it's a good pain."

"How?" She asked.

"It'll erase the spell fro your body," she said. "This spell I'm using is called Release, it's ancient and didn't require much, all I needed to give up was my blood. And I used a strand of hair from Ciana."

Grace growled. She didn't like Bethy using her daughter for this.

"I know," Bethy smiled. "You don't like it, but I assure you, your daughter would approve. her hair has special qualities since she's not able to control her powers, yet it's all over her body."

"So, it'll erase the spell?" Grace does not understand any of this.

"Yes," Lucy sat on the chair, holding the jar with the white glowing substances. "Dolores wrote the sell on your skin to make it impossible for someone to remove it. If it was an object like a doll or hairbrush, it would be easy. But this is ancient magic. To remove it, we have to use the same power."

"So she craved it o her body?" Andre sat near the door, he still had the bandages, his eyes were slowly healing.

"Yup," Bethy said. "It's an awful thing to do, not even I would do that to someone. That's a step I would have never taken."

"So, this stuff will wipe it away?" Grace asked.

"Yes," Bethy smiled. "Every time you take a bath, pour some of that substance in the water, and soak in it for ten minutes. It'll slowly wash away all the negativity."

"Alright," she was glad to be able to get rid of all this negatively. "Thank you."

"No problem," Bethy stood. "I have to get back to brewing, I'll keep you updated. Remember only ten minutes, I don't know what will happen if you stay in there for much longer and I really don't want to find out."

"Okay," she leaned back.

Lucy stood and set the jar on the side table. "Don't worry, the jar is indestructible, and only you can open it. Just in case Dolores sends someone to sabotage it."

Grace nodded and closed her eyes. "I fee light."

"It's working," Bethy said and left, Lucy following behind.

"Your scent is getting stronger," Andre was by her side, stroking her wet hair. "It's intoxicating."

She pulled him closer and kissed him. "Do you think everyone will accept this new me?"

"Yes," he bit her bottom lip gently with his front teeth. "How are your memories?"

"I remember our first time," she blushed, she's glad Andre can't see yet, she didn't want him to see her blushing. "It was intense."

"Oh, it was," he chuckled. "You were so demanding."

She laughed nervously. "I guess I have always been bossy."

"Indeed," he gripped her breast. "I'm glad that part of you never changed. No matter who you become, that quality will always remain."

She pulled him into the tub.

-

Bethy looks down at Connor. "What?"

'Help Kiki,' he said.

"Is she sick?" She asked.

He clenched his little hands. 'I'm not stupid, you know, I know that truth about Kiki, isn't there a way to prevent her from dying?'