65. A Foiled Plan

Michonne and Negan decide what is best for Molly, on the basis of their own good intentions. But, will Molly be able to respect their wishes or will vengeance get the best of her?

The following morning...

I awoke early, having not really slept well last night because my mind was buzzing with thoughts of killing that woman.

I know that Negan didn't want me going out there by myself, but regardless of the outcome, I had to do this for Tara and for me.

I tiptoed past Lydia's room and down the stairs where I picked up my jacket and my weapons.

The snow was clearing now and I couldn't wait any longer, I had only promised to wait until the end of the storm, which I did.

Hardly anyone was about so I managed to walk to the front gate unnoticed.

Just as I creaked the gate open,
Michonne stood behind me and said warningly 'don't try it Molly'.

I sighed, saying sternly 'I have to do this, you have to let me do this. If it was Rick, you wouldn't stop'.

She contemplated my plea, but still insisted.

'I'm not gonna let you go out there' she said pulling out her walkie talkie.

'I want all eyes on Molly, under no circumstances can she leave the compound. George and Sam, I need you two to guard Molly' she spoke into it.

I scowled, saying 'you can't be serious'.

'I'm deadly serious, you're not well Molly' she said pleadingly.

'Who said that?!' I asked furiously.

'You're acting rashly' she continued.

But I wouldn't let up, 'who said that?' I asked again.

'Who?!' I added, getting increasingly frustrated with her silence.

'Does it matter?' she asked as George and Sam started to walk towards us.

I looked at them and begged again, 'it matters, tell me'.

'Negan, he came to me and said you weren't ready' she said sternly.

I just looked at her in shock.

'He wouldn't' I said angrily.

'You know that he would Molly, if he thought it would protect you' she said calmly.

I stormed off as Michonne pointed to the two guards to follow me.

I barged past them both, almost knocking them to the ground as I marched down to Negan' cell.

'What the hell?!' I screamed at him.

He sighed, saying 'so Michonne spilled the beans...'.

'How could you do this to me?! After everything I said yesterday, did that mean nothing to you?!' I yelled.

He stood up and said sternly, 'it means everything to me, you mean everything to me so I'm not sorry that I didn't want you going back out there when your judgement is blinded'.

I paced around the room angrily and yelled, 'that's what you think?! That my 'judgement' is blinded?!'.

'Yeah I do! I know exactly what you want to do, you wanna go out there guns a blazin' by yourself and take her down and you don't care if you die in the process! You can hate me all you want for this, but if it's what keeps you safe and alive, then screw it' he yelled back.

'It wasn't your decision to make' I said sadly.

'Well I made it. Look, I want you to kill her, but you have to be 100% because if not, you will be putting yourself and everyone else at risk. What happens if something goes wrong? She could kill you and then come here and kill everyone you love. You are strong as shit Molly, but you have to be all in, you can't be dealing with grief when you do it' he said sternly, but like he was more afraid for me than angry.