33. Blurred Faces

Rick had envisioned a paradise environment for all the communities, but what happens when some don't want that? When some just want to fight? That's when you get isolation and resentment and people start to morph into someone you no longer recognise...

Two years later...

I was happy now, more so than I had been in a long time.

I was in charge of all agriculture at Hilltop and Jesus and Maggie ran the rest.

Maggie had now had her baby, Herschel was his name, named after her father.

He was the sweetest little thing and looked so much like Glenn, it almost hurt to see him.

The two years that had passed since I left Alexandria had given me a great deal of time to think, about everything.

I felt myself getting stronger every day, I was becoming the badass I was before all the shit at the Sanctuary.

I was me again and people noticed, especially my sister.

She was right, I needed to be away from him to be me again, but I didn't feel like me without him.

Tara and Rosita had gone out on a run while I stayed behind to make sure the harvest was ready.

The crops and veggies were looking great, there was now enough fresh food for everyone for at least a few months.

Laura (an ex-Saviour) usually helped me with organisational stuff, she was good at bossing people around, just like me so we bonded over that.

She rarely spoke about the Sanctuary, I guess she felt guilty about it all.

She would, however, bring me info on the other ex-Saviours, particularly the ones who weren't cooperating.

Apparently Daryl had gotten into a fight with one of them at the bridge and Arat was threatening people from Oceanside.

Laura also told me later in the day that Arat had been executed by Cindy and Rachel as revenge for their brothers and father and that Tara allowed it to happen, Maggie and Daryl too.

I wasn't surprised by Maggie and Daryl, they both hated all the Saviours apart from Alden who helped us at Hilltop and was sweet on Enid.

But Tara, she had kept this from me, she probably knew I wouldn't be okay with it.

I mean, Arat was a bitch and she had done horrible things but so had Negan and the others and yet they're still alive.

I worried that this would be a descent into anarchy, because people were taking Rick's rules and making them their own.

Tara's POV//

'You found anything?' I asked Rosita as we scavenged through forests upon forests.

We had found berries and some old cars which we syphoned the gas out of and took any water or food that was in them, but other than that there was nothing.

The incident with Arat weighed on my mind as I tried to practice how I would tell Molly and how she might react.

I had told Rosita who agreed with me that she needed to die but that Rick wouldn't like it one bit.

'What? Oh nah, nothing here...' Rosita said, sounding spaced out.

'You okay?' I asked her with a hint of concern in my voice.

'Tara, I have to tell you something' she said turning around to face me.

I looked at her and frowned, asking 'what?'.

'You don't know the whole story with Molly and Negan' she said looking anywhere but my face.

'What d'ya mean?' I asked moving closer to her.

She sighed hesitantly before saying 'I only know what Dwight told me in confidence so it might be bullshit, but it wasn't just sex, they were in an actual relationship...'.

I paused and looked at her confused, 'I-I, what?!' was all that escaped my mouth.

'I know' she said rubbing my arm.

'What if it's not true' I said with hope.

'Why would Dwight lie about that? He hated Negan but he wanted to protect Molly for us, so...' she said quietly.

'So he wouldn't lie' I said defeatedly.

I sighed, 'but I thought that she was just playing a part, but you're telling me that she was in love with the guy?!' I yelled in anger.

She just nodded.

We decided to walk back after our talk, I needed to confront Molly.

Once we got through the gates, I saw her chatting and laughing with a Saviour.

I scowled at Molly and walked past them.

Molly ran after me.

'Hey! what was that look for?!' she said almost chuckling.

'Oh I don't know maybe because you're in love with that murdering asshole!' I yelled which made everyone look at us.

'Shh keep your voice down!' she whispered as she tugged my arm and led me into the barn.

'Well?' I asked folding my arms.

She just sighed.

'I-I was, we were together' she said looking down.

I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

'Goddamn it Molly! I shouted.

'And now?' I asked her.

She looked up at me and said confidently, 'no, being here, with you and Maggie, I don't feel anything for him anymore'.

I just nodded.

'Why didn't you tell me?' I asked sadly.

'Okay...well, If we're talking about secrets, why didn't you tell me about Arat?' she said moving closer to me with a scowl plastered across her face.

I gasped in surprise.

'How did you know?' I asked nervously.

'Doesn't fucking matter how I know! Why?' she shouted trying to keep quiet.

'I knew that you wouldn't approve. You liked some of those Saviour assholes, the leader included and I didn't wanna upset you' I said sincerely.

She threw her hands in the air and glared at me.

'So what? when you next have a decision to make as monumental as this fucking one, you're just not gonna tell me?!' she yelled.

'Look, I'm sorry. Most of the Saviours are working well and some of them are actually okay, but Arat was never gonna be on board' I said pleadingly.

'Does Rick know?' she asked angrily.

I shook my head slowly, saying 'no, but he will soon'.

She scowled then said 'what?! you did this behind his back?!'.

I tried to calm her down and said softly 'we didn't wanna have to do it but it's for the best. Maggie and Daryl needed it okay?'.

She scoffed, saying 'this has turned into a shit show Tara'.

She saw the sorrow in my eyes and just sighed.

'Please for god-sake just tell me next time, okay? I'm part of this community too!' she begged.

I pulled her into a hug and just nodded 'mhm'.