60. Fight For You

Both Molly and Negan find themselves fighting on behalf of the innocent, whether that be mentally or physically, they are both Saviour's at heart.

'I'm so sorry Molly' Lydia said softly as she came to walk by my side.

I nodded and smiled in her memory.

'Thank you, but I'll be okay. I have to be' I said seriously as she just nodded in reply.

'I miss Henry so much' she said choking back her tears.

'I know, I do too. Enid, Henry and Tara, they were all so young and she-' I said getting increasingly angry.

I knew that wouldn't help the situation and it wasn't fair to Lydia so I stopped myself.

'We will win, we will all have our vengeance' I said sternly as I smirked thinking about how I would kill her mother.

Lydia nodded but she looked hesitant and nervous, she was still her mother after all.

'But I will promise you this Lydia, I swear to protect you through all of this. Now and always' I said smiling.

'Why?' she asked in confusion.

'Because, life is too short not to show the ones you care about how you feel. I also owe it to Tara, to do this the right way' I said softly while made her smile to know that I cared about her.

'Just, promise me that you won't ever try that again okay?' I said quietly so it was just between us.

She replied softly, 'I promise, I'm sorry I scared you'.

'I just dont want you to ever feel like that again, you can talk to me. Anytime, any day, no matter what happens okay?' I said seriously.

'Okay' she replied as she reached up to hold my hand.

I turned slightly around to see Michonne watching us.

She smiled to see me getting my stride back and to see Lydia trusting in me to protect her.

I held both locket's in my hand as we walked, exhaling peacefully as it pulled me closer to Tara.

It was like I could feel her there with us, looking down on Lydia and I, guiding us back to Alexandria and back to safety.

It was in that moment that I had decided that one day, I would give Lydia Tara's locket.

It made sense, these locket's were always meant to bond the holder's through love and protection.

They were meant for sisters and Lydia was like my little sister now, but I would wait for my moment.

I would wait until we were a real family, settled in one home.

I could barely envision when that day would come, but I had hope for the future, I had hope in us all.

Negan's POV//

Suddenly, a thick branch pelted for my leg out of nowhere, cutting my leg right open.

'Gahhhh' I yelled as I dropped to my knees.

'Judith!' I kept yelling until I heard a dog bark.

'That damn dog!' I shouted in frustration as I limped towards the sound.

There was Judith as she lifelessly held the dog by its leash.

'Hey' I said softly as I picked Judith up and carried her over my shoulder.

'I got you, I got you' I said wearily as I felt the pain shoot through my leg.

I looked around, not being able to see shit, picked up the lead and just picked a direction to head in.

Once we got to a house, I placed Judith down so I could wrap my leg and keep her warm.

'You okay?' I asked softly as I saw Judith shivering.

'I-I'm okay' she said stuttering from the cold.

I took off my jacket and wrapped it around her to keep her warm.

'There we go, you know I know why you're doin' this, you're just trying to get a lil extra Negan time aren't ya?' I said chuckling.

'Lemme tell you somethin' kid, that dog better poop lil golden nuggets you here what I'm sayin?' I said chuckling and wincing in pain.

She noticed the blood dripping down my leg and said, 'your leg looks like shit'.

I smiled, saying 'language Miss Grimes!'.

'You noticed that, huh? Doesn't feel too great to tell ya the truth' I said trying to smile.

'It'll be alright' I reassured her as I stripped off a piece of fabric from my shirt and wrapped it tightly around my leg.

'I'm real glad I found you' I said choking as I winced, 'gahh' as I tightened the bandage.

'Okay kiddo, we gotta get out of this weather' I said as I stood slowly back up and lifted her over my shoulder.

'Dog too' she said wearily as I started walking.

'What?' I asked breathlessly.

'We have to get him back' she continued.

'Oh, the damn dog. Alright, c'mon Dog' I said in faux enthusiasm as I bent down to pick up the leash and we walked to Aaron's house.

Once we got inside, Rosita took Judith in her arms gladly and covered her in blankets to warm her up.

Gabriel smiled at me as I walked through, bringing Dog inside to he could rest in the warmth.

'He needs medical attention, we'll take him to the ward once the storm subsides. We can keep pressure on it for now' Gabriel told Siddiq who raised my leg as I lay on the floor.

'Thank you' Gabriel said as he pulled a blanket over me.

I nodded and said breathlessly, 'you people must think me a damn monster to not save a kid in this shitty weather'.

Rosita scowled and turned away as Siddiq stripped more fabric and tightened them around the wound as I yelled in pain.

'Shit, this shit hurts' I winced as I saw Judith out of the corner of my eye just scowl at my use of language.

I raised my hand in silent apology as I chuckled.

I managed to sit up, wincing at the probable broken bone in my leg started to make me feel woozy.

I was sure I passed out as I woke up in the hospital bed.