☀️𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀☀️

Title says 'Heliophilia' for those who can't read it.
P/N: Pet Name

☀️🌸🌻🌸☀️
Second Person POV.

"Steven!" Pearl pounded at the door lightly.
"What're you two doing in there?" Amethyst asked as the gems huddled up before the door.

Jasper buster down the door with one arm.

"Jasper!?" The gems all sprung back in negative surprise.

"What're you--
"Where's Steven?" Amethyst asked her, inflamed and disturbed for why this Gem was in their home.

"Right here." Jasper shifted to the right to present Her Diamond, even saluting at his emergence.

Steven stood completely petrified at the doorway.
Looking up slowly at the gems.

You slipped from behind him into view and stepped forward, unintentionally being yanked back by Steven's grip on your wrist.

"Where have you been!?"
"You can't just disappear without telling us!!"

The gems chattered on scoldingly to him as he blocked all the voices out of his head.

"Y/N. We need to talk.

Steven told you.
The moody room fell silent, like this is point where the base would drop of any music.

Being still pretty sassy and pissed off you hummed uninterestedly, "Finally." You tilted your head.

"We'll be waiting, My Diamond--
"No. We're going to talk alone.. alone alone." Steven looked at the gems.

Garnet placed her hands over her friends shoulders and nodded at them both.

"Jasper, we'll give them both some space." She headed to the warp with the Crystal Gems, Jasper hesitated departure before sighing and following them.

The warp chimed and now only in the house you and Steven.
Steven took a deep breath as he turned from you and closed the bathroom door slowly.

"Listen, we have a problem." Steven morosely started.
"Let me guess, you caused it?" You snapped back.

"What is your deal?! Are you still on your period, 'cause your sassier than usual." Steven walked over to the couch and slumped down on it, running his hands through his hair.

"Your more sensitive than usual" Funny how you had a cheeky reply to everything.

"Steven, if this is about the slap- I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. It just.. agitated me, and I'd like for it not to happen again." You yawned mid-sentence while leaning onto the wall. Sleepless nights searching for him.

"No, i-it's alright I shouldn't have done that. I know how you feel about it-- Besides it barely hurt, you didn't slap me hard and you know it.." Steven propped his elbows up on his knees and stared down at the wooden floor.

"Then what is it about?"
"Y/N.. I-I.."
"Steven, come on, you know you can tell me anything. That was the promise." You insisted concernedly.