~☆Everything's Fine☆~

Steven's POV

After the scurry away from the Diamonds I couldn't think of where to run to and somehow ended up home. it was morning..

"Guess I was all night scrambling with the Diamonds.." Talking to myself. Again..

The door of my room was surprisingly still open.. and the baluster's still cracked..

House seemed strange because.. there was no one home! And that right now was a good thing.

I closed the door and all I could do was fall face first to the bed!
Thank the stars for beds..

And of course that went wrong. There was something beneath me, stabbing right into my stomach.

It was a bronze brown rectangle with a stick popping out of it's back. An upside down picture frame to be precise.

Definitely not dad and mom's picture, their's is more colourful.

It was... our picture.
From when she got the pit bike, Honda CRF. I took it with the Polaroid.

She looks so cute in leather jackets.

"Nope!" Threw it across the room, what a coincidence how it flew down the stairs. Probably gotta get another frame for it if it cracked.

Shuffled back into the sheets and thought about how much of a bastard I was to her.

I hope she misses me. I would've just said 'Stay' I need her more than even I think.

"ARGH! STOP!" I yelled out in turbulence.

I don't know what to do.. I miss her so much..
"There's no use in crying over her if she's not mine anymore."

"I'm not her future.."

I managed to say. Here it comes, I'm crying over her.. again.. Took a deep breath and tried to think of something to knock me out of regret even with the tears flowing..

I turned my head and met my phone, "What time is it exactly?" I got hold of it and checked, damn, it's 6..

Gems'll probably be up soon. My wallpaper, again with a picture of Y/N with Lion..

I unlocked it and jumped into my messages. "Do I really have the guts to..?" I stared at her chat icon for a good while, brightest smile I've ever laid eyes on. I let my eyes close and took a deep breath. "Yeah, I do."

'Please don't forget me and all the things we did'

I sort of regretted that message, it was... it seemed too begging of an official goodbye, gosh what's the word..

'Cheesy.'

She replied. Exactly the word I was looking for! Well not exactly the answer I was expecting.. even in text she's loaded with sass..

'Can we still be friends?'
I stared at what I'd typed in rapidly.

If I send this what'll she think?
What'll she say?
What'll she feel?

No.. this isn't about her it's about me, it's a question I feel I should ask. So I pressed send..

'Call me.'
Y/N replied back.

She lit a small hope in me. A small hope I longed for not to crisp out with a squall of wind.

It was almost a millisecond of how fast I tapped the button and glued the mobile to my ear.

"Steven."

I usually liked phone calls from her but I was insecure about this one.. A light quiver in her voice symbolising uncertainty, and this quiver? It only softened what seemed like pure fury.