xii

Your hands clasp both your of feet together while in a squatting position in front of the Kotatsu. You've been nervous for the whole day and you had no idea why. Meeting one of Kenma's friends is a big step in your friendship but the chance of making a new one is making you restless. 

" Woah! You've got your own place, Kenma?! And it's a house" the slightly high-pitched voice of an unfamiliar person causes you to flinch.

" Th-they're here..." breathing in and out a number of times, you attempt to calm yourself down.

" Not that big a deal. It's just a rental, and pretty old" 

The sounds of footsteps echoes through the house and your heart beats faster each step.

" OH?!" you flinch one more time causing you turn around to see the commotion, only be greeted with an orange haired man pointing his finger at you with his face looking like he's in deep shock.

" Y-y-you've got a girlfriend, Kenma?" He asks Kenma with a look of disbelief.

" G-girlfriend?" you mumble to yourself.  Confusion arises around the living room. 

" Are you an idiot?!" Kenma yells at his friend and looks at him with an annoyed face, the sight of him yelling at someone surprises you even more.

" Sorry! So she's not?" The man rubs his neck with his hand in embarrassment. You immediately stood up to try and clear up the confusion.

" Uhm. I'm l/n f/n, Kenma's editor" an awkward smile comes off your face as you try to introduce yourself to the orange haired man. 

" You are Hinata Shoyo right? Nice to meet you" you show him a bright smile and shake his hand. Hinata reddens up in embarrassment and bows to apologize for his careless mistake.

" I'm sorry! I've never seen Kenma with a girl before so seeing you surprised me" you chuckle, meeting Hinata Shoyo for the first time was like meeting someone who has more enthusiasm and energy than you do. And to you, that alone is exciting. 

You turn your head to Kenma, who was squinting his eyes and looking at the two of you as if he was angered by something. 

" U-uh. Have you toured Kenma's home? Hinata-san?" you ask him politely.  Hinata's eyes sparkle and you chuckle at his excitement.

" oh. You can call me Hinata." he shoves a big thumbs up in front of you and his face grins with a big smile. 

" Can you tour me around Kenma?" He looks at Kenma with overly excited eyes. Meanwhile, Kenma just lets out a sigh.

" Alright." 

Not even two minutes in the tour, Hinata's voice gets louder in excitement as Kenma tries to show him around his house. You were surprised at how calm Kenma seemed, you thought he was the kind of person to hate being around overly enthusiastic people like Hinata. Your lips form a curve at the thought, the two resembled yin and yang, surprisingly they both enjoy each other's company. 

As the three of you reach Kenma's gaming room, Hinata lets out a surprised gasp.

" A home theater?!!" he runs towards the room and looks at it in disbelief.

" I know right? That's what I said too" the two of you look at each other and share a laugh together. 

" Shoyo, it's just a gaming room.." Kenma butts in with his arms crossed. "Just?!" Hinata couldn't believe at how nonchalant Kenma is about showing off his expensive equipements and seeing Hinata's face, you can't help but chuckle. 

The three of you finally settle down and gathered around the kotatsu. " Kuroo told me that too" He replies to Hinata, referring to Hinata's question about living in Roppongi hills.