xxxiv

"That's why I'm scared of marriage." You sobbed. Kenma's expression softened, it looked as if he was deeply saddened by what you've just said. 

" Oh." His lips formed a sad curve. You noticed his eyes dropping down as he looked away. Holding his hand in yours, you looked at him sincerely with a reassuring smile.

" Are you okay?" You asked. The only response you got from him was a nod and a slight smile. The morning sun shone through the window and it lit a bright light of beam towards the two of you. 

" What time is your father coming?" He asked, taking his hand off your grasp. 

" I don't know. He said he'll call me when he gets here." Kenma nodded his head once again and let out a sigh. He stood up, tilting his neck left and right for a stretch. 

" I'm gonna eat breakfast." He declared and you nodded your head in response. Once he left the room, you let out an exhausted sigh. It hasn't even been a complete day and you already feel tired. Your head started aching when you stood up all of a sudden, you had a history of being anemic and you figured maybe that was the problem. 

You waited and waited for your father to call and to arrive but after a solid hour of endless waiting you couldn't handle it anymore. You've been very anxious since the beginning and Kenma's change in mood didn't help at all. 

" Kenma, you seem annoyed." You mentioned as you looked at him. He was sitting on the couch while on his phone, he looked up and turned his eyes back towards the screen. 

" Nothing. Just woke up on the wrong side of the bed." He replied. As you sat down on the couch beside him, Kenma turned his head to look at you. An empty expression was on his face, you couldn't tell what he was thinking at all. 

" Earlier you were teasing me and now you're being very quiet." You teased, though you immediately regretted because he still had the same expression on his face. You stared directly in his golden eyes, very concerned about what he was feeling towards all of this. Kenma immediately avoided your gaze which caused you to worry even more. 

" If I've said something that upset you, I'm sorry." You lowered your pride and admitted. His eyes turned towards yours and his expression softened. 

" Nah. I'm just.... shocked by all of this. I mean, I woke up, had breakfast and now all of a sudden I'm gonna meet your father." You unintentionally smiled, causing him to glare at you. 

" Sorry," You grinned. " I'm shocked too. But we have to compromise, I guess." You let out a sigh. Kenma didn't respond, instead he kept looking at you, as if he wanted to question something. 

" F/n... Did you even tell your parents we're dating?" It was like a jab to the gut. This piercing question got you to think and stop breathing for a quick second. You looked at him with guilt ridden eyes. 

"N-no." You admitted while looking away. You could feel Kenma's disappointment without even having to look at him. He sighed and shook his head. 

" I'm pretty sure your father is going to get mad." He said.

" I know. But I'm going to try my best and explain to him." You tried to comfort him by taking his hand and holding it but Kenma immediately pulled it away. He was definitely upset.

" So our relationship has been a secret to your parents?" He asked again. You shook your head in denial, you didn't know what you were in denial for, what Kenma said was right. But you didn't want to accept it.

" I'm sorry if I'm not close with my parents okay?" You said in a fit of frustration and stood up. The whole world seemed to darken and spin quickly as you abruptly stood up, though the nauseating feeling immediately vanished after two seconds. 

" That's not what I meant. " Kenma stood up as well and tried to grab your wrist but you immediately pulled away. 

" You're not the only one stressed Kenma. I haven't seen them in years. My parents are divorcing, my dad is coming all of a sudden and I'm feeling really bad today. So can you please just bear with me?" Your eyes started to turn glassy because of the tears that were threatening to fall down your cheeks. Kenma finally realized how stressed you seemed despite the fact that you were the one trying to comfort him. He let out a sigh and gently pulled you closer to him. 

" Sorry." He embraced you in a hug and planted a kiss on your head. Just as the two of you pulled away from the hug the doorbell rang, sending you and Kenma in a state of panic. 

" Oh my God Oh my God." You fanned your face with your hands, you haven't seen neither of your parents after you moved out. And that was five years ago. 

" Calm down, we're gonna be okay." He chuckled as he tried to ruffle your hair, realizing it was in a ponytail, he patted you on the head instead. 

You walked alone towards the door, taking deep breaths in and out before gaining the courage to open it. You plastered on a fake smile, well- you tried for it to turn into a real one but the thought of seeing your father after a long time made you super nervous. You held the cold golden doorknob and swung the door open. 

" F/n, my child." Your father sweetly greeted. Your smile quickly disappeared, beside him, a small little girl half your height stood beside him. 

" Hi... dad." You awkwardly greeted. The little girl hid herself behind your father's back, he laughed at the little girl and held her head with his hand. 

" Sorry. She's just shy." Your eyes followed the little girl. She tried to give you a smile but something must've intimidated her that she continued to hid her face anyways.

" It's alright. Who is she?" You asked, leaning towards the little girl with your hands on your knees to get to her height. Your father couldn't answer for a few seconds, he cleared his throat after and awkwardly chuckled. 

" F/n. Meet your little sister." He smiled. 

" Come on. Riku-chan, don't be shy." He tried to gently push the little girl beside him. The attempt was successful as the little girl, who's name is Riku, finally showed her face and stood beside your father. You couldn't process your father's reply just yet. Your glance turned from your father to the little girl alternately. 

" What?" You asked, your surroundings seemed to warp and appear in slow motion. Panicked thoughts, angered thoughts, frustrated thoughts all appeared in your head. Just as you were about to speak, you feel Kenma's hand on your shoulder and his presence. He stood beside you with his hands in the pockets of his jogger pants. They both bowed to each other despite your father's shocked expression. 

" Good morning. F/n, who is he?" He asked. You couldn't let out not even a single word, you felt like your tongue was tied. You were too shocked about the whole situation that you can't snap yourself back to reality.

" Good Morning, Mr. l/n. I'm F/n's boyfriend." Kenma replied, his quiet voice turned deeper. A sign that your boyfriend was serious. Your father's eyes widened as he glanced at you and Kenma alternately. 

" What?!"