xl

It's been a couple months after the new year of 2018 began. You were on your third trimester, better known as the ninth month of pregnancy. It was already difficult for you to hide your bulging belly five months ago, when Kenma first proposed, but now there's no point of hiding it in public. Many articles have been published right after the game, it was a mix of congratulating the Black Jackals for their win and also congratulating 'Kodzuken' for the proposal.

You thought you've already adapted to the life of being pregnant, getting used to the morning sickness, cravings and random contractions. But just when you thought you've finally adjusted, a sudden burst of pain arose. You had thought it was going to be a beautiful day with Kenma and your friends, but boy you were wrong. You felt a silent trickle of water between your legs, that's when you were beginning to freak out. Kenma and Kuroo were having fun in his studio playing their tenth game, while Hanabi was helping you out with lunch. The peaceful silence that surrounded the house was erupted with your loud scream of horror.

" Oh my....God..." Hanabi covered her mouth after she saw the puddle of water that was created below you. Tears of nervous and fright formed in your eyes. Luckily, Kuroo and Kenma came in running to the kitchen with worried faces.

" Please help me. My water just....broke." You tried to calm yourself down but seeing Kenma's widened eyes made it worse. Hanabi's loud mouth turned silent, she couldn't react but Kuroo on the other hand was prepared.

" I-I'll prepare the car! Kenma, help her out." The man snapped back to reality and hurriedly wrapped your arm around his shoulder. It was clear that he was shocked, in disbelief and maybe even nervous.

" Oh God oh God oh God." Hanabi quickly grabbed the items that she and you prepared just in case this day comes. They hurriedly assisted you to the car, panicking Kenma rode next to the driver's seat because it looked like he was having a crisis. Thankfully there wasn't that much traffic and the four of you had arrived to the hospital safely.

" I-it's going to be okay f/n.. I-i-it's going to be okay." Hanabi, who sat next to you, tried her best to comfort you with her touches on your shoulder but the pain was too unbearable. Her hands were shaking, it was clear enough that she was also nervous about the whole ordeal. You shed tears and let out sobs all the way through the destination. Buzzing sounds of different nurses,doctors and patients were all you can hear as staffs quickly brought you in with a movable bed. Kenma held your hand tightly, too tight that it almost felt like he wouldn't even let go.

A few minutes later after the doctors have checked up on you, they said that you were pretty much ready to give birth anytime and everyone must be prepared for it. You rested in a room bigger than the last one you were in the last time you came to this hospital. Everyone surrounded you, including your parents who have just recently arrived. They stood apart, sharing glares and glances.

" F/n, child how are you feeling?" Your father stepped in and held your other hand. He looked at you with worried eyes.

" I'm fine." You said, though your face said the opposite. People came and went throughout your stay, a painful twelve hours later, you were feeling horrible and painful contractions again. The last time you asked your mother about pregnancy, she said it was easy and it didn't hurt at all, but you guessed that she only told you that to feel better. Now that you're experiencing what's probably a life and death situation, you began to feel scared. Your doctor came in with a stressed expression and declared that you were officially ready to give birth to another human. They asked you a lot of questions, too many questions even. Minutes later, you were inside another room. The room was filled with bright lights and about three or more people wearing masks and gloves.

Outside, the doctor spoke to Kenma.

" l/n-san had told us she wanted you in the room. Now, we're asking for your permission Kozume-san. Will you go inside with us?" Kuroo looked at the doctor and Kenma alternately. Your boyfriend however was panicking on the inside. He was having too many worries and panicked thoughts in his head that he couldn't even answer the simple question.