Final Chapter

S e v e n  m o n t h s  l a t e r 

You await nervously behind the giant white door. Your arm that wrapped around your father's arm shook nervously. You took a deep breath and squeezed your eyes shut. Your father, perfectly suited up in a grey suit and pants, smiled and placed a hand on your shoulder. You took deep breaths in and out, hearing each beat of your heart and opened your eyes. It was time, today was the day. At the age of twenty-five, you are about to fulfill what you thought you'd do in your thirties, get married. More specifically, to the one you love the most.

I can do this. I won't cry. I promise. 

You hear the piano play from the other side, and that was when you knew it was time. The giant white door opened, slowly revealing you to the guests and the guests revealing themselves to you for the first time. It was the perfect wedding that you've dreamed of, Christian style, beautiful white gown, the prettiest bouquet of flowers in your hands and a lovable and caring husband. Though not in church, it seemed perfect in your eyes. White and pink flowers were placed on the floor, lining up the rows of chairs, a dashing red carpet was placed on the floor making you feel more special, and it was all planned by your great friend Hanabi. You felt your throat sting and your eyes were so close to tearing up as soon as your eyes landed on your soon to be husband, Kozume Kenma. Your boss, your boyfriend, your fiance, and soon your husband. 

He stood straight, handsomely wearing his black suit. His lips quivered a little, he was trying hard not to tear up as well. Who would've thought that the blunt boss whom you hated on the first day would end up marrying you? Kenma's best friend, Kuroo Tetsurou stood beside him proudly. He smiled hard at you and almost had stars in his eyes. Hanabi sat beside your mother in the first column, smiling brightly and proudly. The moment you arrived in front of Kenma, you smiled at each other. It was then that you remembered why you fell in love with him in the first place, his smile and his golden yellow eyes. You couldn't believe you were about to marry the love of your life. 

Kenma embraced your father in his arms, appreciating him for having you. 

" Take care of my daughter." Your father whispered and laughed, his comforting gentle slaps on Kenma's back made the groom smile and laugh as well, easing his nervousness. 

Twenty minutes in, it was down to giving each other your wedding rings. And as cliche as it sounds, you and Kenma had the idea to have Kazumi hold the rings in a golden pillow and bring it forward towards the aisle. You laughed and smiled hard when you see him struggle to walk, your mother assisted the little boy with the job. He was trying his best to make his parents proud. 

" He's not wearing shoes." Kenma's eyes looked a little bit in shock. You stared deep into your son's feet and realized that what Kenma said was true, a laugh was all you could respond. 

" Good, now Ka-chan, raise it up so mom and dad can reach it." Your mother smiled and sweetly ordered her grandchild. The child looked confused, not understanding what your mother has said at all but her gestures made him get the idea. Kazumi smiled brightly as he raised the small pillow up. Now, your heart was warmer than ever. You smiled back at him and caressed his small cheek. 

" Thank you, Ka-chan." You kissed his cheeks and hugged him. Kenma did the same and gently patted the head of his own son. Together, you grabbed the two rings and smiled at each other. It was time to wrap these rings around each of your fingers, tying the knot and officially awarding each other the title, husband and wife. 

As soon as the priest told Kenma to kiss the bride, it was as if everything happened in slow motion. He did as he was told, caressing your cheeks with his warm hands and gently placing his soft lips on top of yours. The suppressed cheers from everyone has finally been heard, echoing throughout the place. Soon, the most memorable moment of your life is about to end.