xiii

You should go home before I say something weird.

The sentence keeps repeating in your brain like a chant. If you hadn't gone home, what what could possibly be the weird thing he could've told you? 

Due to staring at the kitchen counter for too long, the kettle that has been spilling out boiling water made you snap back into reality. 

" Yep, not possible." you tell yourself after thinking that you might be crushing on Kenma indeed.

" He's not my type, not my type. F/n, not your type." you shake your head along each phrase, how long have you been telling yourself that? Ever since last night, the phrase has been ringing in your ear each time you try to convince yourself by saying it. 

You hear your phone ring a notification: Yo, f/n. Check out my hair.

Your eyebrows furrow at the picture Kuroo sent you with his hair up like the guy from Dragon Ball. 

" Yep. Not my type either." you shake your head in disbelief at Kuroo's funny attempt at replicating the hair. 

~

The week goes by faster than you expected and the day that you've been trying to avoid comes.

Wednesday

 Your attention is piqued when a notification rings from your phone. It was a text from Kenma saying that he has already finished filming another video. 

Great. Just when you were trying to avoid him, this happens. Although it's not like you could avoid him. 

A sigh comes out of your mouth, you hope nothing out of the ordinary happens like last week. You type up a reply: I'll be there in a bit.

You roll down the street as you park your car.  The thought of Kenma originally owning it did not help your attempt to deny your feelings for him. Every time you get in it, you're reminded of the man himself. 

Before you could press the doorbell, the door suddenly swings wide open. You were greeted with Kenma holding his adorable cat in his arms. 

This is weird.

And you're right, it was. It usually takes you two to four rings before he would finally open the door to let you in but it didn't happen this time. It took you no rings for him to open the door to greet you. 

" G-good afternoon...." you were startled but still managed the greet him. He shows you a close-lipped smile, opening the door even more for you to enter. This is definitely weird.

You didn't say anything as you enter, which usually, you do. You've decided to keep your distance for a while and prove to yourself that you really have no feelings for him after all. Visualizing the possibilities of the two of you dating, it seemed to you like the chances of it happening is zero. The thought of possibly hurting him is what also stops you from thinking it, because like what Yujii said, you end up causing problems to those around you. And you didn't want that to happen to your friend. You couldn't afford to lose another one.

" I've been receiving a lot of positive comments about your editing style." Kenma winds up having to start the conversation. You try your best to look him in the eyes.

" That's great. I'm glad they're liking it." but you ended up turning around. Kenma follows you in your work space as you begin setting up your computer.

" Water.." you turn around to the voice. " Sorry?" you ask . He looks away shyly, " Do you want water?" he asks in a soft voice. 

H-he's adorable.....