xxii

It was the next day, the sun that usually shines through your window didn't shine its light when you woke up. Instead, you woke up to the sounds of rain. The window that was placed on top of your bed were covered in tiny droplets of water as it became semi-opaque due to the mist outside. 

You hurried out your room and walked to the kitchen after brushing your teeth and washing your face. Thankfully, you woke up early enough to make food. It was already eight in the morning yet Kenma still hasn't gotten up from bed. Thirty minutes later, the table that was full of space earlier has now been occupied with food. You walked towards Kenma's room and knocked three times on his door. 

Just as you were about to knock again, Kenma opens the door and you were greeted with a smile. You looked at him up and down, he was all dressed up in a suit. Your heart skipped a beat, Holy Shit he's hot.

" I think I prefer this Kenma more." you teased, giving him a grin. He rolls his eyes.

" Sorry but I'd rather lose a game than wear a suit." He shook his head and smirked. The two of you walked to the kitchen, his face turned into a pleased expression once he saw the plates of food in front of him. 

" That's three in a row." he joked, referring to the fact that you successfully woke up earlier than him to make breakfast for three days. You walked to the counter, wanting to grab yourself a plate until you felt Kenma's arms wrapped around your waist. 

" Wha-"

" Regaining energy." He said under his breath.

You chuckled at his comment. "So I'm a video game now huh." 

" Nah... hugging you just regains my energy." he replied, tightening his grip on your waist. 

" Hmm. Eating also makes you gain energy." You feel his lips on your cheek and you turned around in shock, blushing at the sudden kiss. He pulled away and walked towards the table. 

" t-that's not fair.." you muttered. You sat on the opposite side of where he is and a sudden thought appeared in your head. You had forgotten that he was going to Kyoto for a business meeting. Concern fills up your already worried heart. 

" Uhm... Kenma, what time are you leaving?" you asked, a hint of hesitance in your voice.  He looks up at you, noticing the worry in your face.

" In thirty minutes." you frowned at his reply. 

" Kyoto is two hours from here." you lowered your head. Kenma smiled, tilting his head to look at your eyes. 

" Are you worried?" he questioned. You nodded your head as a reply and let out a sigh. 

" I'm going home as soon as we finish the meeting." You smiled at his response, he was reassuring you so you wouldn't have to feel concerned about it anymore. 

The two of you finished eating and Kenma headed to his room to grab his things. You hear the doorbell ring and furrowed your eyebrows at the thought of a sudden visitor. You opened the door, only to be greeted with the person you least expected to encounter again. 

" Mitsuhide.....san.." You greeted as your voice got quieter the moment you saw her. 

" We meet again, l/n-san." She sensed the frustrated look on your face and let out a sigh.

" I apologize for how I acted the first time we met...." She bent her back slightly and bowed at you to apologize. You couldn't say a word back, recalling what she told you the first time you met, you couldn't help but feel angered. 

" Uh... I'm here to pick up Kozume-san. If you don't mind that is." Her lips formed a slight curve. 

" S-sure...." you let her enter the house as you kept a wary eye on her. You walked to where Kenma was, a concerned look was painted on your face for the second time.