xxxix

As soon as the game began everyone cheered loudly, so loud that you could feel your ears deafening, exaggerated or not you were shocked as to how supportive everyone was in the stadium. It was your first time witnessing a live volleyball tournament and you were beyond excited for Hinata. The orange haired man stood so little on the floor, his teammates were much taller than him but he had this intimidating yet calm aura. His presence caused a few-- no, a lot of people to question who he was. You were nervous, very nervous for your friend. It's his first professional match and he's going against someone who could've represented Japan. 

Kenma took notice of your tensed expression, his eyes gravitate towards your hands which were clasped together in front of your chest. 

" You're more nervous than Shoyou." The edge of his lip formed a curve upwards. You sighed and stared straight at the players warming up and practicing below you. 

" After hearing from Hanabi that her cousin represented Japan, my confidence may have deteriorated a little." You admitted the truth. Hanabi was straightforward about her opinions and told you that her cousin was going to 'crush' Black Jackals in one go, you had no idea how Hinata is as a volleyball player but from Kenma's words of comfort, you were sure he was going to ace this game. 

" Kegeyama-kun may be a genius, but he has no idea who he's going against." A mischievous smile formed on his face. You couldn't help but furrow your eyebrows. Genius? Hanabi's cousin is a genius? 

" The Shoyo he's facing now isn't the same Shoyo he played with in high school." You slowly nodded your head along to his reply, though not understanding what he meant. He noticed your confused reaction so he smiled and shook his head. 

" Shoyo and Kageyama used to be in the same team in high school. They were the unstoppable force that had a lot of teams crying." You chuckled and turned to face the teams. 

" I may not have known Hinata for a long time like you, but I can tell he's serious about volleyball." You smiled. Kuroo's head tilted when he head you and Kenma talking about the orange-haired man. 

" Now you noticed? That guy pretty much came to a new country to try beach volleyball without even speaking their language. He's the most dedicated person I know." Kuroo spoke and Hanabi narrowed her eyes. 

" Tobio-kun have told me about him a few times." She said with a close-lipped smile. Just as Kuroo was about to say something, the commentator began speaking once again. All attention was on the game now. 

~ T w o  h o u r s   l a t e r~ 

* As the manga is still on-going, the results of the game is not assured so this is just how I wrote this part to go with the story :)* 

The last final moments of the game played faster now that your heart was pounding heavily. Two hours of intense violent spikes, passing and blocking and the results are prominent. Black Jackals was leading the game with a score of 24 to 23. Your eyes were shut closed, afraid and nervous to even look at the stage below. Your hands were clasped in a praying position while you chanted the words ' please win' like a chant. 

Kenma held his breath, gulping in nervousness as he held your left hand in his. 

" Come on. Come on." You heard Kuroo repeat those words. It was not apparent which team he was going for but based on his continuous remarks about Schweiden to Hanabi, it was clear he was hoping for Hinata's team to win. 

One more point. All it takes is one more point to win. You tightened your eyes shut even more, the stadium went silent as the on-going rally continues to happen. All you could hear was the commentators going insane and excited over the said rally.