April Fools

POV: Grian

     Eggs....redstone......observers......chaos.

      Walking out  of Mumbo's base, Grian smiled to himself. Pranking was fun, but a whole day dedicated to it? That. That, was magnificent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~an hour or so before~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BEEEEEEPPPP BEEEEEEPPPP BEEEEEEPPP

       A hand slammed down on the alarm, Grian was already awake. Tired? Yes. But he didn't care. Today was THE day. Grabbing the shulker box he prepared the night before, Grian  checked the time, and smiled, 5:15am, just like he wanted. 

Mumbo would either be up at his redstone cavern thing, or fast asleep. Grian hoped it wasn't the latter. Walking out of his base, Grian stopped to marvel at the sky. The sun was just coming up, slight rays of yellow and orange tinting the black/blue star-filled sky. The clouds were lying low, and a mystic fog was laying claim to the ground. There were pink rays of light splintering the trees, making them an ominous shade of dark grey, almost black even.  If this were any other day, he would've stayed and watched, but today, he couldn't ignore, today. Today. TODAY. Today, was "April Fools." Grian looooved to prank people, but he never had an excuse better "Because I wanted to!"  Now, he had an actual reason for his shenanigans. 

     Slipping on his elytra, Grian tucked the box into his inventory and took off. Smiling, he reached a hand up, and watched the white fluffy clouds part as his hand tore through the higher-up low-lying clouds. I mean, sure it was a little hard to breathe, but not impossible. Looking down,  he saw little critters zipping to and fro, some wild chickens trying to-WAIT?! CHICKENS?! Grian couldn't resist. He flew straight down to those (poor, unlucky) chickens, scooped them up, and brought them along for the (death) ride. 

     Looking down/forward-ish, he saw the edge of Mumbo's base come into view. Now, being the idiot he is, he saw a little to late and slammed into a tree. Fun right? Clutching the chickens, because, chickens, he tumbled right on over to Mumbo's base, slid into the wall, and (somehow)didn't murder the stressed chickens. Staanding up, he looked at his friend's base and snickered. Then, he walked right in.

     Remember how I said it was April Fools? Yeah. The earth was out to get Grian right now. First a tree, then a sleeping Mumbo, not on the couch or in his bed like a normal person, he was in the middle of the floor, sleeping away, right where Grian was to lay his prank. Kicking(lightly) his friend away, the poor guy stayed asleep, which sucked. That meant he was working hard, and judging from the, oh I don't know.....many MANY blueprints for confusing machines, and the amount of redstone on Mumbo, he was working on something big, which meant glitches for the next ever. (Like they didn't have enough already..)     COUGH MUMBO COUGH

     Setting down the chickens, Grian got to work. He simply broke Mumbo's floor, and put redstone underneath, placed and observer very ok-ishly hidden, and filled a dispense-item-thrower-thingy down. Grian couldn't remember the name, but he knew it woild throw items, and that what hard enough, so there. Then, he did the exact same thing, but in the roof. Then he redid it all because it failed. Yep, it was official. The world was messing with him today, (at least more then normal.)

He continued trying to make this prank work. He really did. It was just so.....hard....I mean, who understands this stuff?! Sighing, Grian took a step back, and gave up...

Then he tripped, and fell, messed up the redstone that actually looked somewhat acceptable in no level whatsoever, and face planted right in front of the observer. A loud crunch followed this. Panicking, Grian did a mental check-up, and felt fine...so what was that crunch..?

Running his hand through his hair, he felt something warm, and..... slimy....? Yelping, he jumped back and a long translucent—yellow slime string ran from his head to hand. And...some eggshell too...??? Realizing what just happened, Grian smiled an ear to ear smile

After an hour and a half of successful failing, it worked. The prank worked!

                                            *weird growling noises*

Looking down, Grian frowned. He was hungry. Very hungry. Eggshell and yolk hungry.

"Well...." Grian thought to himself, "me and Mumbo ARE friends after all...what's the worst that'll happen.....?" Licking his lips, Grian walked right over to the kitchen, opens the fridge, and slammed it shut the moment he saw it was filled with salad and all that other healthy stuff. HA! While Mumbo actually gave a care about nutrition, Grian simply ate a marshmallow bag if he felt like it.

Walking to the pantry, Grian looked around and silently wished to slap Mumbo. The food, the GOOD food was on the tip-top shelf. Eyes wide, Grian stared at the sugar, and the chocolate, and the sweets and the- oh, it was simply to much. And then came the note. The one that was sticking on the TOP shelf saying

"Dear Grian,

I am many things, but not stupid. Since you are SHORT and I am TALL, I have placed all the food I know you desire on top of the pantry on the top shelf, where only TALL people can reach.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

                                                  —your TALL friend, Mumbo"                                                                                    

Frowning, Grian stared straight up at the food. Smiling, Grian noticed shelves. Climbing, Grian chuckled to himself, as his friend forgot that he could, would, and will climb. Reaching for the food, Grian's smile turned to a grin. Falling, Grian yelled. Smiling again, Grian looked at the bag of marshmallows in his hand.                                            

Shoving the food into his mouth, Grian noticed a small groan, and it was coming from the other room. The room "Mr. Mustache" was in.

Mumbo, Mumbo was waking.

    Hesitating, Grian looked around for a place to hide. His immediate thougths were the dryer, or a cupboard, but he knew that Mumbo knew that that would be Grian's first idea. So he ran. Right out that door, clutching the bag, food falling out of his mouth, not noticing a very peculiar blueprint—a blueprint of HIS base...

(Word count: 1074,)

(sO tHiS iS mY fiRSt stORy, sO iF yOU hAPPEn tO nOTICed tHAT iT iSNt wELL-Done, cOngrATS, yOU gEt nOTHing                                                                                                                                   Also, I don't think I took anything from another's persons story, but if I did, sorry about that, please tell me so I can give credit or something, I didn't mean any copyright doing this..😓)