Chapter 40

“My heart is perfect because you are in it.”– Unknown

Demelza's POV.

I tried to move my hands and legs to the far end of the bed, but I felt almost pinned down. My eyes shot open, noticing that my one hand was wrapped around another hand, a hand bigger then mines that definitely were not mines. Of course.

I felt a taut, well-defined chest pressed against my back as my breath hitched totally aware that someone's heads was snuggled above my head as they breathed in and out heavily,indicating they were sleeping.

I noticed my head on top of a hand that had tattoos on his forearms.

I turned around slowly, well as much as I could, only to come face to face with an adorable(oh my bad, that's insulting to men, oh well touche, because they are adorable) sleeping Kodiak who let me tell you looked bloody damn handsome as well, with his messy bed hair that made him look ten times hotter, when he was sleeping. I on the other hand, my face looked as though I had not slept in days and my hair was in its most knotted and untidy state you could ever think off.

His hair was soo soft I couldn't help but run my fingers through it slowly, retreating my hand away when he stirred in his sleep, waiting for him to wake up but instead he pulled me closer to him, almost cuddling with me as he placed his face in the crook of my neck. Awww the big bad grumpy bear was actually a cuddly bear.

I almost froze as I tried to get my thoughts together.

How did we end up like this?

Better question, why was I enjoying sleeping next to him, it was so comfortable and I didn't actually want to move.

Okay no, the first question was more important.

I found the root cause as to why I was pinned down, his one leg was on top of one of mines and my body was sort of tucked into his side as his hands held me captive (I don't mind being captive by them) that layed on my stomach.

I cuddled into him, smiling cheekily at how cute he actually looked when he was asleep.

I felt him stir again, this time around though he woke up and as soon as his eyes opened, mines fell shut. I tried to keep a steady breath to indicate that I was sleeping.

Kodiak's POV's.

The first thing noticed when I woke up, was that Demelza was cuddled up into my side, her breathing a little in between shallow and heavy. I wondered for a second if she was actually asleep or not.

I remembered last night, smiling down at her and shaking my head, thinking about what happened when I came back into the room.

Demelza was sleeping in the most weirdest position on the bed but she managed to stick to her side of the bed which surprised me as I went to take a shower. When I got out, she was still in her place but somehow shifted to the edge of the bed.

There was indeed over the limit space left but I wanted to give her, her space that too not look like a total dick who was using an opportunity to get close to her, which I do not intend to do. I respected and adored her way too much even for myself to even admit.

I walked towards her side of the bed, kissing her forehead about to turn around to go and sleep on the couch only for her to grab my hands and pull me closer to her, my eyes widening as I tried to get off the bed and from on top of her but then she start rolling to the other end of the bed like a stealthily ninja

. It was astonishing what she could do when she was sleeping.

Her one hand held my left hand tightly as she faced me. I sighed settling into the bed, trying to get comfortable but God dammit how was I supposed to get comfortable with her being so close to me especially to the fact that I could just pull her closer to me and...