Chapter 41

"My love for you is past the mind, beyond my heart, and into my soul.” – Boris Kodjoe

Kodiak's POV.

I followed Demelza to the ride, but first she left her glasses on counter where all the operators were standing and collecting belongings.

It was shaped like a snake in the color green and had two seats in each row. We took the second ones upfront since another couple took the front seats. Demelza was annoyed by that as she pulled us to the ones behind them.

She used her knees to get on top of the seat, for it was very high off the ground and grinned happily at her achievement as she went about her mission pulling down the over the shoulder restraint.

My pulse thrummed on my neck as I sat down, pulling mines down as well, frowning and furrowing my eyebrows, feeling as though it was not setting right on me.

A female operator came around checking if we were all safe before the ride started and when she came to me she smirked, pushing it down really hard that the restraint hit my abdomen. Fuck.

It was as though she enjoyed finding those who didn't set their restraints right so she could let her satisfaction for pain come true.

She went onto Demelza next, and I felt worried for her that this sadistic operator would do the same thing to her but turns out she had set hers right that the women didn't even do to her what she did to me.

It was my first time on a roller-coaster for pete's sake, cut me some slack. I may have went to theme parks when I was small but I never ever got the chance to go on them like Kelly and Alex, that too experience the whole gist of it, another reason why Stetson always insisted on the whole going every year but I always refused and I had my reasons... I felt insecure about it, and with the experience and memories I went through when I was small, I found it hard to let myself loose, to actually make myself happy and just be myself in a way that too since I was forced into the business at such as young age.

Let's just say I had my reasons.

The ride started off slow, I turned to look at Demelza who gave me a thumbs up. I was not going to lie I was fucking nervous and to top it all up  all of a sudden it took off with lightning speed as I held onto the handles of the over the shoulders restraint, my knuckles turning white all the while clenching my jaw, while Demelza screamed and laughed with her hands not even on the damn handles.

We turned upside down and went into a tunnel and this time I couldn't hold it in when I started screaming and cursing out swear words. Fuck, Kodiak, pull yourself together.

Demelza stopped screaming and turned to look at me with shock on her face and burst out laughing but then it turned to a scream when we started to descend and this time I enjoyed it that too with the way Demelza was acting, I allowed the laugh, a really genuine laugh, to fall out of my mouth and the wind to hit my face, knowing I will forever remember this moment.

When the ride was over, Demelza tripped when jumping down from the seat but I caught her, chuckling that she had jello legs already. She grinned up at me and I almost stopped breathing at how beautiful she was as she put her glasses on.

"I think it's my turn to choose a ride." I smirked at her, her face mirroring mines as she grabbed my outstretched hand.

Who was this man? This man who was actually letting loose and breaking free from his emotionless ways?

We went on the UFO, the skydiver and soo many other rides that I lost track of but my memory of each ride was burnt forever into my heart and mind. I left soo alive for the first time in such a long time, I actually felt like myself.