Mental Health Check

DANI POV:

"You ok?" Kyle ask walking up to my locker. "Can we talk?" I ask looking at him. "Good or bad?" He looks scared almost. "I just need to vent don't worry." He nods. We go into the Blue and Gold. I lock the door and cover the window. "Oh! That kind of vent." He smiles. I pull him into a kiss. Some how I end up on the table. "Wait! Do you have a condom?" He ask quietly. "I just want to make out." He smiles. "Unless you were expecting more." He shakes his head. "I'm cool with what ever." I pull him into a kiss.

I button Kyle's shirt. "You ok?" He ask quietly. "Yeah." We ended up having sex. "Talk to me." He whispers. I shake my head. "Not right now." I whisper. He kisses my neck. "It's ok." He whispers. "Just everything that happened with Jason this summer. I can't get over it." I whisper. "Usually you do though." He looks at me confused. "I wasn't the one finding him. I have a few times, but not like I did this last time." I say quietly. "I'm sorry about that babe. I wish there was something I could do." He movie hair out of my face. "You could come over tonight, my parents are gonna be at couples therapy. We can just watch a movie and order a pizza." I suggest. "You were planning on doing that with Jason tonight weren't you?" I shrug. "Yeah but he won't want to and I was gonna ask you to come over anyway." I tell my boyfriend. "I'll see if my dad has anything planned for tonight and than I'll give you an answer." He kisses me. "I'll see you at lunch." He grabs his bag and walks to the door. "Dani?" He looks at me. "What's up?" I smile. "I-." He stops himself and takes a deep breath. "What?" I smile. "I'll see you later." He walks out awkwardly. I know exactly what he was going to say. He's not the most affectionate person I've ever met. Especially after his mom died. I get up and leave the Blue and Gold. "Dani!" Jason runs over to me. "What's up?" I ask. "Aren't you suppose to pretend I don't exist or something?" He ask quietly. "How popular do you think I am?" I ask quietly. "I don't know. You got to a lot of parties so I just assumed." He shrugs. "I don't have many friends." I say as we walk to his locker. "Why?" He ask as he opens it. "Because I don't want a lot it's too confusing to keep up with all the drama." I whisper. "Is that true?" He ask quietly. "Yeah." I whisper. "Why do I feel like you're lying?" He whispers. "What do you mean?" I look at him. "Mom said she's only really see you hang out with Kyle, Ian and I." I grown. "I don't want friends. I just want to get through high school and leave this train wreck of a town." I say slightly pissed off. The bell rings. "I'm going to class." I walk off. I don't really have a lot of friends. Not because I don't want any. I do! I just really don't really have tome for friends and I'm content with the people I do have as friends. I'm not really social in school. Unfortunately I am known for having Jason as my brother and my family history isn't a secret. Maybe that's why I hate my parents. I shrug it off and go into my class.

"Hey baby." Kyle kisses me. "Hey." I smile. "Are we gonna talk about earlier?" I ask quietly. We walk up to my room. He looks at me. I go and check on Jason. "You ok?" I ask quietly. "Yeah!" He says through the door. I walk back to my room."There is nothing to talk about." He smiles. "Maybe what you were gonna say but didn't." I remind him. He shakes his head. "No." He whispers like he doesn't know what I'm talking about. "Kyle." I cup his cheek. He looks down. "You know how I feel please don't make me say it." He whispers. "Why?" I ask quietly. He sighs. "I did want to say it and I do feel that way about you. It's just I don't know if I can say it." I straddle him. "I love you." I whisper. He smiles. "It's ok if you can't say it. I get it." I whisper to him. "But you need to tell me what's going on with you." I whisper. "It's stupid that's why." He says quietly. "Just tell me." I stroke his hair. "Just after everything with my mom." I take a deep breath. "I was the last person she talked to before she died." He whispers holding back tears. "You haven't really talked about what happened." I whisper. "I don't want to." I nod. "No one really knows what happened with your mom. No one really knows why she died." He looks down and sighs. He shakes his head. "We don't really know how she died. Dad won't tell us. He just tells us she was sick. That could mean anything." I kiss him. "I'm sorry you had to experience that." He shrugs. "Dad is the one being effected the most. She wasn't the only love he lost." I look at him confused. "Him and Betty in high school. Before Betty came out." He whispers. "He's not mad at Betty he's over it! But everything with mom brought back everything." I cup his cheeks. "You're not ok." I whisper. "I'm fine." I shake my head. "Babe." I look at him.

I knock on the door to Kyle's house knowing he's not home. Jughead opens the door. "Kyle isn't here." He says before closing the door. I stop him though. "I need to talk to you about him though." He looks at me. "What's up?" He ask. I can tell he hasn't showered in a few days and he's not ok either. "First off. I'm sorry about what happened with your wife and I know what it's like to lose someone important. I'm really worried about Kyle." I whisper. He looks at me. "What's happened?" He ask quietly. "I've known him for a while now. I was there before everything happened and obviously after. I've seen his mental health decrease. I just don't want something to happen to him." I explain to him. He nods. "I'll talk to him." He whispers. "Can you not mention that I came here to tell you? I know that sounds weird, but I just don't want him to get mad at me." He looks at me confused. "Is everything ok with you guys?" I nod. "Yeah! I've just seen him pissed off at other people, I don't want to be on his bad side dating or not." He smiles. "He's one of the nicest person I've met! We've only really gotten into one fight. It was more like a debate." I smile. He nods. "I'll talk to him and make sure I say nothing about you." I nod. "Dad!" Ian walks downstairs. He sees me. "Oh! I'm also here for Jason." I smile. "Jason!" He yells loudly. Jason walks downstairs. "Really?" I nod. "Come on." We go home.