Flames (Part 1)

The flames licked the side of his bed. Roman screamed and tried to escape. He tried to run to his twin's room. Smoke snaked their way to his lungs. He remembered what they taught him in school. He crouched down and held his breath, trying to dodge the growing flames.

"Remus!" He cried, searching for any kind of sign from his brother. He thought he heard a crack and prayed the roof didn't fall in.

"Roman!" Remus' voice replied frantically. They dodged through the flames to get to each other. They embraced in one last hug as the roof collapsed upon them.

Roman woke up sweating. The longing to find his twin tugged more in his chest. They'd been dead for months now, and although the two died together, they were separated once they were spirits.

He wondered the halls of the burnt mansion, tracing his finger on the sooty walls. The police believed that it was intentional. Roman shuddered. The twins' parents were on an expensive holiday that month. They probably don't even know we died Roman thought bitterly, picking up the remains of a china plate and setting it onto the charred excuse of a table. 

He heard the door open. A scrawny, purple haired boy his age walked in. He had dark eye shadow under his eyes. Weird fashion choice The ghost thought, sitting himself on the charred table. The boy with the dark eye shadow looked directly at him. Roman pursed his lips. Of course. A medium.

"Come to send me off on my way, I suppose?" He asked warily, filing his fingernails. Unlike most ghosts, he could maintain a physical from when wanted.

The boy nodded stiffly. Roman sighed dramatically, "Ah Remus, I wonder if this tasteless guy sent you off too!" It was a dramatic statement tinged with indecision and sadness. 

"Who's Remus?"

Roman looked at him strangely. "Remus Prince!"

The boy frowned. "Are you related to those superstars with the last name Prince?"

Roman looked offended. "Of course. Remus and I are the twins sons of them."

"They've never told anyone or hinted about you." The guy said nervously, wringing his hands and fiddling with his jacket. Roman frowned.

He realised this was the perfect time to disappear, he tried to dissipate but the medium boy stopped him. 

"Why should I believe a ghost anyways? Their word against yours. They say a ghost is causing them trouble."

 To Virgil's surprise Roman burst out laughing. Roman's form fully solidified in his fit of laughter. It was a boy with light caramel skin, slightly tousled brown hair and, strangely enough, one brown and one green eye. He saw this guy before. He always watched the two superstars' performances with a similar looking guy next to him. The ghost's form return to it's hazy clear form.

"Okay, I'll make a deal with you Emo Nightmare. Help me find me brother and you can exorcise us afterwards! Deal?"

"Deal."