Merman (Part 3)

Hoo, boy, get ready for some DARK ANGST! I've turned a fluffy story into an angst! Fluffy ending tho. TERRIBLE AS HECKKK WRITING.

TW: Abuse, blackmail(?), near death experience, could bring mental images i guess.

V

It'd been a day since De, the Captain's son, found out about Roman, told his father and came up with a plan. A day since Roman's life had been put in danger. A day since Virgil had tried to warn Roman but failing.

"Get up Virgil, you're still a pirate whether you like it or not." Dee hissed into his ear, and Virgil got up and spat at his feet. The pirate recoiled momentarily before grabbing Virgil's arm and binding them with rope.

"It obviously has a soft spot for you, so when you get pushed off," He mimed something swimming up to him. "It'll try to save you! Then we'll study it and all it's properties."

I growled and kicked him in the stomach, he stumbled before regaining his balance. He growled and pushed my viciously to the plank, he kicked me off, grinning smugly.

Roman's P.O.V

I heard something hit the water. I turned in the direction and saw Virgil. I'm pretty sure humans can't breathe underwater. I don't know if humans can swim like fish as well. I swam up to him and asked, "Can you breathe? Can you swim?" Then I remembered he couldn't understand me. 

I grabbed him by his arms and swam to the surface. He took huge deep gasping breaths. I looked up and saw a net thrown in our direction. I pushed him out of the way.

I tried to move but I realised it was a fish net. I squirmed and tried to escape but the rope squeezed any oxygen out of my lungs, I gasped for air. The world faded to black.

I woke up and came face to face with more humans than I'd ever seen before. They had bruised me and tortured me in my sleep. A human which seemed to be second in command studied me and pursed his lips. 

He called for somebody using the weird tones and Virgil ran over. He hugged me and sobbed. I didn't realise but I'd crying when I was sleeping. He swiftly untied me, and carried me. Scary dude screams something that's probably ''GET THEM''

He jumped in the water with me, and instantly I felt the water seep into my scales, flow through my hair. I felt strong enough to swim to the surface with him. We burst out into relieved and slightly hysterical laughs. I swam over and kissed him, and he kissed back. 

"Wow.." He mumbled. Wait. I could understand him.

"I can understand you!" I squeaked, throwing my arms around his neck. He laughed softly and we swam to the nearby dock. His friends, who I learned were called Logan and Patton, were there to greet him.

Explanation: You might be wondering why they could understand each other. If love is given and shown through both people in a kiss. They can learn both languages naturally! I think I'm unable at crushing souls. Ah well, there's always next one shot.

-The author ^w^