Request #2

Thank you @TripleStriker_543  for this prompt/idea.  

TW: Panic attacks, sobbing.

Roman waved goodbye to the cheering crowd. He walked confidently to his dressing room, chin up, a cocky smile. He twisted the handle and shut the door. 

He walked to his seat and collapsed in his seat. He sobbed, loud choking sobs that shook his whole body. The famous singer's life wan't as grand as it seemed. He took his bottle of anti-depressants and swallowed two with a glass of water. It only dulled the pain, nothing seemed to work. 

His phone lit up with a ping! He checked the e-mail. High school reunion. He may have been famous, but he wasn't a stuck-up or a snob. He checked the location and date. He was free that day, too. He felt slightly guilty that he hadn't gone to any previous events as such, but back then, he was struggling with finding a job and his depression.

Timeskip brought to you by 'Depressi Stressi'- a drink which when you drink it you never know when you're going to get stressed or depressed!

Roman shoved his phone is his jacket pocket, his warm breath steaming the air as tiny snowflakes fell on his eyelashes. He hurried into the building quickly, narrowly avoiding the paparazzi.  He was met with immediate warmth of a heater, as he hurried toward the coffee machine.

He bumped into Patton. He never knew much about the guy. Patton squealed and greeted him with such enthusiasm, he swore his right arm would become numb. Patton looked delighted to meet Roman in person.

Roman took a sip from the disposable coffee cup, eyes scanning the crowd. He identified Janus, Virgil and...Logan. He saw Patton waving Logan ecstatically over. Roman internally cringed and put on his cocky smile.

"Hello, Roman." Logan stated. Roman knew Logan was a famous detective and Logan knew Roman was a singer. It felt like the old times, where the two would battle constantly.

Focus switch brought to you by that time I got chased by a duck for my bread.

Logan was a detective. He could pick out facts from lies. Logan could pick out an act over a genuine act of kindness.

He saw that cocky smile that didn't reach his eyes. That was strange for Roman. The ways his eyes darted around, his hands fiddling from the inside of his jacket pockets. The way he looked dismayed when Logan approached.

Logan and Roman bantered with Patton for a while before Roman excused himself to go to the bathroom. Logan was excitedly sharing work storied with Patton when Remy bumped into Logan, spilling coffee all over the back of his shirt. Luckily it was cold.

"Girl! I'm totes sorry!" Remy exclaimed. Logan took in a deep breath and started ranting about he was a male, a man, in fact. Also about how internet slang was nonsensical, before huffing to the bathroom to rinse out the coffee as much as he could.

Roman was crouched on the ground, clutching his head and rocking back and forth rapidly, his breathing uneven. Logan ran over and crouched next to him, giving him breathing exercises. Roman clawed at his pockets, and Logan searched them. A small bottle simply labelled 'antidepressants'. 

Logan stared at it for exactly two seconds before opening it for the former rival. Roman shakily took two and swallowed them. Roman sniffled and leaned into Logan. Logan's faced flushed slightly, and pat Roman's back awkwardly. 

Logan helped the singer up, supporting him as he slowly and wobbly got up. The two had felt a small spark in their hearts. Maybe it was the adrenaline from the situation. Or maybe it was feeling that may have been buried after all those years.