𝗦𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻: 𝗧𝘂 𝗡𝗲 𝗠'𝗮𝗶𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗣𝗮𝘀 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗲 𝗝𝗲 𝗧'𝗮𝗶𝗺𝗲

you don't love me like i love you

i woke up with my sad pain stuff inhabiting my chest

inhabiting my chest. i looked to the bed and saw him there sprawled out. just looking at him hurt my heart. what was i kidding myself anyway? even if he didn't
kiss Portia we would have returned home
and his love for Jo would overpower
whatever petty feeling he had for me.
i sighed quietly and moved to the bathroom to change into a emerald green gown with golden detailing. i stepped out of the bathroom to see his head shaking in his hands. his head shot up to look at me but i just rolled my eyes.
'Belle please just-" i cut him off by just staying "stop," before he could break my heart anymore.

i packed my luggage in silence as he did he before the staff came to take it to the carriage. we both left in silence and got into the carriage. instead of sitting in my normal seat which was occupied yesterday, i sat opposite the boy but refused to look him in the eye.
"can we talk?" he said quietly, his voice rough, i rolled my eyes but nodded.
"about what Teddy? it meant nothing,
just a drunken night. i guess i just got jealous when i saw you with Portia," i said, he shook his head. i had tried to convince myself that that was the case but i just couldn't. to me it wasn't a drunken nights actions, it's all i wanted to do since coming back. "i meant everything i said Belle," he whispered, i finally allowed my eyes to meet his. they were full of sadness and pain, much like my own.
"then why did you do it Teddy? why did you kiss her when i was right where you could have found me?
i think that it meant nothing to you, you seem to just be throwing these kisses around like nothing anyway," my anger was getting the better of me.
"Belle, i did not kiss her. Blake told me you were in the room waiting for me so i went in, i sat down and Portia kissed me, that's when you came in," his eyes pleaded for my forgiveness.

"i think it's best if we just forget it Teddy," i whispered, my own words hurting me.
"but why?" he moved forward and placed his hands on either side of my shoulders.
"because you don't love me like i love you Teddy. yes i love you. i always have, but you see, that's not the case for you. you love Jo, you say you love me but i say that it was just something to make me feel better. it's okay Teddy, i am sure i will find someone someday," i smiled weakly.
"but i do love you Belle," he tilted his head to the right, i shook my head slowly with my sad smile still covering my face.
"but not like i love you Teddy," i brushed my thumb across his cheek.

"i-" i placed my finger to his lips before he could speak again and shook my head.
"please, let me just forget about this, remember you want to propose to Jo when we all come back," i nodded, every word cracked my heart even more.
he didn't say a word just stared at me blankly.

"home sweet home," i smiled as the doors opened up. "my little girl," Pops came walking into the opening,
"how i have missed you," he said pulling me into his arms, "i have missed
you so much Pops," i held him tightly in
my arms and smiled. he truly did make everything better. "my favourite boy," he said as Teddy walked in. Teddy smiled and took him in with open arms.
"so tell me, how was it?" Pops smiled,
Teddy and i both looked at each other before smiling, "oh it was great," Teddy said, "the best one by far," i nodded.
"well i am glad that you had fun, i assume that you will be tired?" he said to which we both nodded. "get some rest then," he pushed us both lightly in the direction of the door with a smile. oh how i did love that man with the whole of my heart.

"can you come lay with me?" Teddy asked as we got to the top of the stairs.
no matter what happened that weekend
i could not refuse. i quickly changed in my room and then entered his. my night gown was short, reaching my mid thigh and made of fine lavender silk, one i got from Paris. Teddy looked at me with wide eyes, but i just climbed into his bed with him.

"do you remember everything?" he whispered, i nodded. he smiled lightly,
"me too," he held me tighter.
"do you still love her?" i asked referring to Jo, which he knew at an instant.
"i think so," he said. it hurt so much more that he loved someone who would never love him back over me, who had loved him forever. "do you really love me Teddy? don't lie to make me feel better," i said looking into his green eyes.
"i do," he said as he brushed a stray piece of hair behind my ear.
"but you will chose her," i whispered with a crack in my voice. he didn't speak, he just pulled me closer to his body, almost to a apologise.

"goodnight Teddy," i whispered closing my eyes.

"goodnight ma princesse," he replied and kissed my temple before pulling me even closer to him and settling to sleep.