𝗦𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲: 𝗨𝗻 𝗔𝗻 𝗣𝗹𝘂𝘀 𝗧𝗮𝗿𝗱

one year later

"thank you so much," i smiled to the guests whom all clapped for me in the lounge of my new home

guests whom all clapped for me in the lounge of my new home. "i appreciated all of your attendance today, it has been lovely," they all smiled and began to say goodbye to one and other.

my life had been hectic, i had signed a deal with a fashion brand ran by a friends great uncle, Louis Vuitton, it is extremely popular in Europe and is making its way into the rest of the world. he had seen me from my work with Hérmes and sighed a large deal. i made a lot of money and gained great popularity around Europe,
my life was going fabulously.
there was just a few things that were missing. i had not traveled home since leaving, i know i promised to visit but my life became to busy, i barely had anytime for myself let alone to travel back to Concord. i still wrote Pops nearly everyday, he was missing me dearly. Meg and i wrote to each other frequently and kept our bond strong, with occasional letter from the other girls. yet one thing
upset me the most, Teddy and i had not spoken since we left each other at the carriages a year ago.

i wrote him but received no reply,
i presumed he was consumed by his studies but after two months with no reply i figured he did not want to speak to me anymore. i figured he forgot me. again.

"goodbye, thank you again for coming," i said as the last guest left my new home. i closed the large white door and sighed, dropping my act of a high class lady and resorting back to good old Belle.
"thank god it's over," Louis sighed as he jumped onto one of the large white chairs,
i nodded and sat beside him.
"i am never hosting again," i rolled my eyes, not that i did not like having guests, i just did not like those guests.
"i am not complaining," he laughed, Louis stayed with me often since i got lonely.
being popular in this day came with risks,
i knew some models that got involved with the mobs in New York, i did not want any of that. people often tried to become my friend for their own gain, they did not really want to know me, just my money and my connections in the industry.

"is it your date with Léon tomorrow?" Louis nudged my side, i blushed and laughed a little. "it is," i smiled.
Léon had been begging me to go on a date with him since my return to Paris, yet
i always put it off due to my feelings for Teddy, however as time went on, the more i realised he wanted nothing to do with me, the more i warmed to Léon's proposal of a date.

"there is a letter for you in your bedroom by the way, the maids put it in there this morning since you were so busy stressing out about the table centres," he laughed and pushed me up. "sometimes i wonder
why i let you stay here," i laughed and began walking to the stairs.
"it's because without me you would not laugh as much," he shouted with a proud smile. "i guess," i said sarcastically and walked up the white marble stairs of my home.

a fresh breeze brushed past me as i entered my room. i realised that i had left the balcony door open, the sheer curtains lightly swaying at the glass doors. i shut them and walked to my bed where the pink envelope lay on my plum pillows.
i got myself comfortable and opened it delicately, a habit of mine.

Dear Belle,
I am writing to formally invite you to the wedding of Meg March and John Brooke.  On the 27th September of this year.
Who am I kidding, Belle I am getting married! I can not believe it, me, Meg, a bride! As for the purpose of this letter, other than giving you the news, is to invite you to attend my big day. Not only that, but I would love for you to be my maid of honour. I understand that your schedule is extremely packed and I assure you it is completely fine if you can not attend. I hope to hear from you soon Belle.
All of the love in the world,
Meg x

my eyes grew wider as i read further along the letter. i could not believe that Meg was to marry, i could not believe that she wanted me to be her maid of honour! it was all such great news. i knew
that no matter how busy my schedule i would attend the wedding, not only to see my dear friend on her wedding day, but also to see my family back in Concord.

to arrive on time i would have to leave late the next day i figured. before sleeping i faxed my agent to tell them to reschedule everything for the duration of my stay in Concord. i was finally going home.