𝗦𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗲 𝗧𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗧𝘄𝗼: 𝗨𝗻𝗲 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝗣𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗟𝘂𝗶

a song for him

i placed around my room trying to remember the lyrics to the song that i had been forgetting all morning

i placed around my room trying to remember the lyrics to the song that i had been forgetting all morning. i know that the people attending are my friends but i did not want to disappoint anyone.
Jo and Teddy were acting out a scene from one of her plays; Amy, Meg, Beth and Marmee were all baking treats, Pops had even prepared a speech, i just did not want to mess up.

i hummed the song and suddenly it all came back, i jumped with joy and smiles widely. i remembered the song fully, finally. i walked down stairs where everyone was waiting for me.
"my little girl," Pops said placing an arm over my shoulder, i smiled and leaned into him. we all sat down as Teddy and Jo prepared to act. the two of them started and let me tell you, it was amazing. they both ready took in the characters and kept composure the full way, i have seen worse actors on the stage in Paris.

"Belle it's your turn," Pops smiled gesturing me to the piano. i walked over and set my hands on the keys. here goes nothing, i thought to myself before playing the first few notes. as i continued to play my confidence grew. i then began to sing, i heard Marmee gasp which made me smile lightly. "it's an original," i heard Amy whisper making the rest of the group raise their eyebrows with a smile.

'You said you cared
And you missed me, too
And I'm well aware I write too many songs about you'

the words hurt as i sang because it was true, i did write to many songs about him. about Teddy.

'And I get the feelin' that you'll never need me again'

i felt my eyes glaze over with tears.
it was all true. i wasn't what he needed, i wasn't what he wanted. i was just there.

as i finished the song i saw that Marmee and Pops' eyes were both glazed with tears. everyone clapped and i quickly ran to hug the two. "you make me so proud sugar plum," Pops said as he held me close. "it was beautiful," Marmee said sweetly. i thanked everyone and them proceeded to eat the treats the girls had baked as we all conversed.

"you amaze me ma princesse," Teddy said as he pulled me into a hug. if only he knew the song was about him.
"thank you Teddy, i must admit your acting skills surpassed my expectations," i kissed his cheek lightly. i saw him blush which made me giggle.
"it is going to feel so strange to not have you two around here," Meg said, i frowned and took her hand into mine.
"you will write us won't you?" Beth said to Laurie and I, "of course, and we will visit, don't worry it won't be forever," Teddy reassured the girl. "i can not believe my best friend is leaving," Jo said nudging Teddy's arm. internally i cringed, he was my best friend. i know it was petty but she already had his love, i think i deserved best friend at least. Teddy laughed with the girl and nudged her back.

"i would like to make a speech," Pops said standing up. i smiled proudly at him and waited for him to speak, the room fell silent. "well, i must say i never wanted this day to come. they day i come to terms that my little girl and my little boy have grown up. i could not be a prouder grandfather slash Pops, you have both chosen great paths and i know you will succeed. no matter how much i want to keep you here forever and believe me i do, i am so excited to see you both flourish into this great world and make something of yourselves. i love you both so much. thank you," a single tear fell from my eye.
"i love you Pops, so much," i smiled and pulled him into a hug. Teddy joined us in the hug, "i love you too gramps," he whispered as we stood in our emotional embrace.