CHAPTER 13 (Part 1)

"That is so cute." I exclaimed when Jake showed me the present he bought for Scarlet.

"Really? You think she will like it?"

"She is going to love it." I said.

It was only Jake and me in the house, others were busy with some or the other work.

"Okay now I am gonna make you watch the movie."

He meant 'Split'.

"Okay. I hope I don't sleep."

Right then the bell rang.

"Arg. I am not getting up. Why can't they take their keys with them?" I cried.

"I will get it, princess."

"Fuck you." I muttered under my breath.

I heard the door open.

"What are you doing here?" I hear Jake asking.

I looked over the sofa to see who it was but the door was on the way.

"I just want to see her."

~~~

ADRIAN'S POV

Today was the day; the day where everyone would know who Greg actually is. The thief he is, a man who planned on murdering his own wife, one who was ready to sell his daughter to someone just so that he can get his business on top. A man who was a part of trying to kill my mom and dad; he tried taking away my mom not once but twice.

"But the proof tells that you did steal it Mr. Tamish." The jury declared.

"No, those are fake. I came up with the idea and they are now trying to steal it. This guy" he pointed at me, "He is the one who is using a fake identity, just so he could steal it and my daughter. He is not Ace Knight; he is Adrian Philip. He lied to me and Gideon Knight helped him too. He told me Ace was his cousin and that if I get Lisa married to him, he would partner with my company. Little did I know that he is trying to steal it from me." He accused.

"Any proof for that?" the judge asked.

"You can ask Julie, my ex-girlfriend. She was with me when I came up with the plan." He lied.

Julie walked inside the private room where we held this; we did not think she would come here. Now I have a feeling that she would help Greg escape.

Fahad and I looked at each other and lost all hopes.

~~~

I rang the bell and waited patiently.

Patiently my ass. I was sweating profusely and would likely have a mini panic attack.

The door swung open and I held my breath.

"What are you doing here?" great out of all living in this place he had to answer the door. What are the odds?

"I just want to see her." I answered calmly. I did not know how I was able to control all the rage I was feeling in my body.

"No, you can't. I am not going to..."

"Adrian" came out her sweet voice.

I melted into a puddle seeing her and hearing her. I have been watching over her always but I did not confront her. Heck, I even acted like a stalker.

"Al. Hi." I said in loss of words.

She did not utter a word for what I felt like an eternity until I saw a drop of tear sliding down her cheek.

Shit. I cursed in my head and took a step to comfort her but Jake beat me to it. He rubbed her tears away and pulled her into a hug and she buried her head in his neck and I could see her shoulders shaking.

I wanted to rip them both apart. I know they are no longer a couple but seeing them like this even after break up made me boil.

Oh, you're the one to talk.

I pulled my gaze away from them and waited and clenched my fists so hard that if I had long nails there would be deep cuts.

Thankfully she pulled away from him and looked at me.

"Do you want me to kick him out?" Jackass asked.

She did not react, at all.

I then thought of giving her sometime and thought of walking away when I heard my mother's words.

"You both are like ticking bombs, made for each other. One will never be happy when they are away from another. She would surely understand why you did this Adrian. She loves you, anyone can tell that." Mom said.

"What she loves me?" I asked shocked.

"You are blinder than your Dad. Oh my God. Why are you boys so dumb?" she sounded like a teenage girl.

She put a hand over her forehead and shook her head.

"Adrian. You really need to open your eyes. Anyone can tell that she is in love with you and you love her. Have you seen the way she looks at you and the other way round." She looked at Fahad and Fahad shrugged.

"Actually, both are blind. She doesn't know Adrian loves her too. These guys made me swear not to tell each other and I was stuck not being able to help. At last I can tell to now; now that you were the one to bring it up." He spoke without any break inbetween and gasped for air.

"YOU, ADRIAN PHILIP, IF YOU COME HOME WITHOUT ALEXIS I AM GOING TO SMACK YOU SO HARD THAT EVEN YOUR GRANDCHILDREN CAN SEE THOSE MARKS. DO NOT COME WITHOUT HER. FIGHT FOR HER." She told in such a way that I had to keep my mouth shut.

It was like it was her final decision and not even the gods can change it.

~~~