CHAPTER 12

Weeks passed by and Scar and Jake started getting along and I could finally feel how Nat felt.

"I am happy that I am not 5th wheeling anymore." She chuckled.

I shook my head laughing.

My phone rang and it was my mom.

I excused myself and went to my room.

"Hi mom."

"Hi sweetheart. How are you?" she asked.

"The same way I was as of 8 hours back." I joked.

"Should have known. You're exactly like you Dad." She chuckled.

"What's up?"

"Oh yeah. Cam is discharged and she is now all fine."

"Maa's home. That is such good news. Jess would be so happy."

"Yeah. They are currently packing. Beth and Jess. They both are on the verge of breaking into tears." She said.

"Aww. But it is not like they can't meet."

"Yeah. There is loads to tell you, but it is not me who is going to tell you. So just know that it was all worth it. Okay?"

"Okay?" I said.

"Okay. I will call you later."

"Mom call me tomorrow okay."

"You will be calling me this time." I was not sure if I heard it right.

"Uh?"

"Nothing." My mom answered and ended the call.

~~~

"So, this is how you feel when everyone leaves on a date?" I asked Nat.

"Exactly, but then I got used to it and loved the alone time I got. That was until you decided to become single." She huffed.

I shook my head laughing. Dan and Brit went out for a movie and Jake and Scarlet on a lunch date.

I was so excited for them. The doorbell rang and I looked at the clock.

It was just 4pm, "They are back so soon?" I asked Nat and Nat just shrugged and went to her room carrying the piles of paperwork.

I opened the door and stood there flabbergasted.

I felt something wet dripping down my cheeks, I didn't even know when I started crying.

My first instinct was to kick the person but I decided against it and threw myself on him and cried.

I heard an Umph from his mouth when I he caught me.

I wrapped my legs on his waist and buried my crying face in his neck.

"I hate you." I said muffled.

"That is what I get after so many years, no hi nothing?"

"No, I am going to strangle you now." I tightened my grip on his neck and put pressure on it.

"Lex, you're chocking me."

"That is what I am planning."

"I didn't know you were so angry." He said when I let loose.

I got down and pulled him inside.

"Oh no. I am very angry." I shouted and pushed him on the floor.

He did not expect that and he fell on his butt. I took the chance and sat on his stomach and pulled his hair, punched his chest (not too hard).

"Lexi, what the" I heard Nat.